Do words like planning, budgeting, reporting, and forecasting create a perfect rhythm in your head? Do you thrive in an startup environment where problem-solving, strategic thinking, and analytics are key? You don’t shy away from taking data-driven decisions in a collaborative manner?
Nailed it? Then you may be the perfect fit for our Financial Specialist role. As a Finance Specialist at Fretello you’ll support our CEO and team in taking care of the financial aspects and making sure that the overall financial health of Fretello is in good hands.
The role can be started either full-time or part-time (min. 25 hours per week), evolving into a full-time position (38.5 hours per week) over time. In the case of a part-time commitment, some below-mentioned responsibilities will be added when transitioning to full-time.
- Managing and planning budget on an ongoing basis
- Calculating and advising on burn rate and run rate
- Handling internal budget requests
- Taking responsibility for budget decisions (with support of founders where needed) including decisions such as shortening the runway for a project
- Providing an overview of the budget situation for the monthly shareholder reporting
- Controlling including short-term income statements and target-performance comparisons
- Calculating business cases and deriving funding demands from them
- Taking over grant management including applying for grants and creating financial projections
- Assisting and collaborating with our external accounting service provider for annual financial statements and budgeting
What to bring along:
- 5+ years of financial management experience with at least 3 years of recent work experience in a startup environment
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Experience with Austrian legislation, regulations, and tax standards
- Proficient usage of spreadsheets (Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a strategic mindset
- Fluent in German and English along with excellent communication skills
- An open personality with a good sense of humour and a desire to learn
- Be based within +/- 3 hours from CET
What we offer:
- Personal time off (25 days paid leave per year)
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10:00 to 14:00)
- Overtime compensated as time-off 1:1
- Remote first work setup and mindset
- A small team (25-30) with lots of individual impact and responsibility
- Fun, relaxed, and regular remote team events and onsite team retreats
- Shared and lived values: Agility, Curiosity, Unity, Transparency, and Empathy
- Dedicated time to continuous learning and personal growth
- Mental wellbeing initiatives such as Mindfulness Wednesdays and optional paid external therapy sessions
Your contact: Stephanie (Süllwald) Truter (Talent Scout)
For a full time role (38.5 hours per week), our salary range starts at an annual compensation of EUR 46.000 to a maximum of EUR 65.000. Your actual offer within this range will depend on your skills and experience.