At HubSpot, we have been on an incredible journey building a world-class CRM, Marketing, Sales, and Services products that help small and medium-sized businesses grow. FinTech products are used by 100% of paying HubSpot customers. Delivering a crisp customer experience is critical for growing HubSpot’s revenue. We recently hit $1 billion in annual recurring revenue and are scaling quickly. Our accounting systems are critical to the company’s success as we scale and build out new features. This role will sit in close proximity to a few of our internal systems teams, including our finance team.
We are looking for a Financial Systems Architect with remarkable technical acumen to help scale and improve our current internal system architectures with our financial system, implementation, reliability, and ongoing management. This role will establish architectural standards and guidelines. It will be directly involved with the integration solutions for new features. This is a new position and our first Financial Systems Architect. We expect it to have a needle-moving impact and influence.
*This role will not have people management responsibilities.
This role is expected to:
- Demonstrate excellent technical judgment in determining how we solve business problems.
- Generating detailed technical designs, including higher-level decision-making on when we integrate our financial data with 3rd party software
- Create and demonstrate ownership of architectural standards and guidelines that ensure we consistently deliver scalable, reliable, effective, and optimized solutions.
- Translate requirements into sound NetSuite architecture.
- Ensure that the solutions built on our platform or by us are high quality and pose a low risk of disrupting critical business processes.
- Hands-on; this role will involve writing software, configuring systems, writing documents, analyzing data, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of many varied internal processes and develop effective partnerships with constituents across the business and our team; including business leaders, software engineers, automation engineers, business systems analysts, functional operations staff, data analysts, and more.
- Participates in client’s business and functional requirements gathering sessions, identifies gaps, and recommends solutions. The solution architect should recommend current leading NS Practices whenever possible. In addition, the solution architect should recommend business process changes when appropriate.
- Proactively identify potential areas for opportunities by leveraging your knowledge and experiences, and from partnering with the finance owners; propose a process, data, or systematic solutions to those opportunities
- Configuring the platform, creating custom scripts, workflows, and SuiteApps to meet specific business requirements
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are hands-on technologists: engineers who have built many varieties of large-scale systems and are proficient in one or more programming languages, e.g. Java, Python.
- Have deep hands-on experience with common architectural principles and patterns such as microservices and event-driven architecture.
- Understand that data is key to scalable systems and have deep experience in data modeling.
- Has strong experience with NetSuite ( a must ) and related tools and systems.
- Can communicate exceptionally well with technical and non-technical folks alike.
- Experience working with Finance/Accounting teams in the past, and building financial systems,
- Have an understanding of common industry-standard business practices related to Accounting (Revenue, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Close, Consolidation, Reporting, Tax, Treasury), Understanding of ERP and CRM systems
- Worked closely with application delivery teams to review existing solutions and recommend optimization areas
- Understanding of ERP modules and related business process framework, ERP Security, and inbound and outbound integrations with ERP
- Proficiency in REST & SOAP APIs, API documentation, testing, and monitoring
- Must have personally made the final decisions about how large systems would be built (including decisions on build vs. buy vs. outsource) and lived with the outcomes.
Nice to have
- Experience leading a large-scale ERP migration (in case in the future we decide we need to migrate)
- Knowledge of internal controls best practices, SOX compliance, and GAAP reporting standards.
Cash compensation range: 115400-184600 USD Annually
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.