WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive, people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Finance Department ensures the smooth functioning of one of the most complex political financial operations in the country. The Financial Operations Associate II will assist the Finance Department in managing ActBlue’s unique internal finances. A successful candidate will have previous bookkeeping experience, the ability to effectively prioritize and solve problems, be comfortable learning new software systems, and manage self-directed independent work. The position involves handling highly sensitive financial information, so serious attention to detail and discretion are necessary. The successful candidate must also be able to adapt to our particular financial and bookkeeping requirements. This role reports to the Financial Operations Manager, and supports the Controller, Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis, and Decision Support.
- Manage organizational travel systems and software, including TripActions and internally-built systems.
- Manage and reconcile all travel-related expenses.
- Field travel booking-related questions from staff and troubleshoot travel booking issues.
- Manage staff reimbursements using Expensify reimbursement software and enforce reimbursement policy.
- Oversee and monitor usage of corporate credit cards.
- Assist in monthly reconciliation of corporate credit cards as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- At least four years of bookkeeping or financial experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, or equivalent work experience or certification.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks or a similar application.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to learn new software systems quickly and effectively troubleshoot technical issues.
- A logical approach to problem solving and a drive to find the correct answer.
- Ability to detect and correct errors.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively and independently exercise judgment when applying internal financial standards.
- Ability to adapt and grow professionally as position and responsibilities evolve.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Excitement about our mission of empowering grassroots donors and increasing participation in our democracy and society. We love what we do, and you should too!
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
This role will be primarily remote, with a preference for candidates in the greater New England area for occasional in-office meetings. We are open to remote candidates. ActBlue’s headquarters are located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train.
Salary Range: $64,000 – $96,000
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.