At Azenta, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
Azenta Life Sciences is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated bio sample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry’s top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
How You’ll Add Value…
The Financial Shared Services Governance leader will support the outsourcing relationship with the third-party vendor. This leader will manage the outsourcing agreement with the vendor ensuring compliance and governance support is given while providing a single point of contact for resolving contract issues, compliance, changes, updates and archiving.
What You’ll Do…
- Partner with Azenta GPO’s and vendor Delivery Lead in maintaining a One Team alignment
- Owner of continuous improvement agenda, including:
- Create business cases jointly with GPOs as needed
- Prioritize initiatives identified by GPOs for implementation (cross tower)
- Liaise and set meeting cadence with Azenta IT and other Azenta functions as needed
- Manage and calendarize governance meetings (e.g., monthly Operational Oversight Committee (OOC) meeting, SteerCo, etc.)
- Set meeting agenda, ensuring alignment with each GPO
- Jointly work with vendor Delivery Lead and GPOs in conducting the monthly OOC meeting (meeting to be driven by GPOs for their process area)
- Agenda for monthly OCC meeting includes:
- Provide operation performance overview, including review of key metrics
- Provide update on prioritized continuous improvement opportunities (cross tower)
- Discuss staffing updates (training, new joiners)
- Review key items from change log (e.g., scope changes)
- Act as escalation point for critical delivery issues, working with the GPOs and vendor Delivery Lead for resolution (and liaising with the Azenta Control Officer on issues related to controls)
- Responsible for maintaining operational hygiene, liaising with GPOs and other functional areas as needed (e.g., process documentation, change management, policy & procedures, audit and control compliance)
- Understand key terms of the Azenta / vendor contract
- Act as point person for monthly / quarterly billing and commercial issues as they arise
What you will Bring…
- 10+ years in-depth functional expertise
- Formal Continuous Improvement training (e.g., Six Sigma) preferred
- MS/MBA/MA, applicable certification or equivalent experience required
- Facilitation, negotiation, and relationship management skills
- Ability to work effectively across cultures and countries
- 3-5 years project management
- The following attributes and characteristics will be helpful:
- Highly developed leadership skills
- Decisive yet collaborative leadership style
- Creative problem solver
- Change agent / visionary
- Strategic thinker
Working Conditions/ Schedule
Position can be remote with the understanding for periodic travel to the Azenta office locations globally. Expected travel is up to about 25%.
At Azenta, we are a part of the science behind the COVID vaccine and we are committed to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities where we live and work. To protect our coworkers, clients, families and friends, we have implemented a policy where all of our US employees must be fully vaccinated (which includes taking the booster) or have requested and received an approved medical/religious accommodation prior to their first day of work.