At HubSpot, we are in the midst of a major transformation. Our product has evolved from a single app to a CRM platform and we are poised to be the #1 CRM for scaling companies. We’ve organically grown revenue from just under $100 million at the time of our IPO in 2014 to $1.3 billion in 2021 with no plans of slowing down. Our explosive top-line growth has been driven by a great product that continues to evolve and expand to meet our customer’s needs.
We’re looking for a Financial Systems Enablement Senior Analyst on the Finance Operations team to help us tackle mission critical projects within our financial and billing systems ecosystem, enabling HubSpot to move fast, grow quickly, and provide a best-in-class experience to our customers, all while mitigating financial risk.
You’ll be a primary business partner to our FinTech (Financial Technology) engineering group – HubSpot’s team of engineers, product managers, and business system analysts that build and support the systems that power seamless transactions between our customers and HubSpot. Sitting at the intersection of product development and Finance, you’ll leverage a diverse knowledge base of business systems, risk and control best practices, financial operations, customer billing, and compliance to help teams understand how changes in upstream systems impact our financial reporting and how we bill our customers. You’ll help guide our Fintech & Product teams to effectively think about risks and address control gaps, enabling us to scale.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Help HubSpot go fast, safely, by working cross-functionally with our Fintech engineers, Finance, and Internal Audit teams to understand risks and implications of dev changes on our internal controls environment, updating our release management process, and amending and implementing new SOX controls when necessary.
- Work with our FinTech team to manage risk on key projects, such as implementing a third party revenue recognition software or building a new product discounting model into our billing platform. You’ll partner throughout the project lifecycle, with activities that include: solutioning with project managers and engineers to talk through proposals and highlight downstream financial impact of system changes; opining on testing strategies and reviewing test plans for completeness; and summarizing the status of key projects and communicating to various levels of management.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration across the Finance and Fintech Teams, ensuring transparency, alignment, and clear communication of core requirements
- Act as an translator between Fintech and Finance – conveying technical solutions and nuances as non-technical business and financial concepts
- Be the in-house “risk expert” for our Fintech & Product teams, working with cross- functional teams to build scalable and sustainable solutions
- Develop an in-depth understanding of HubSpot’s products, business model, financial systems architecture and financial operations
- Work with our Business Intelligence team to design and implement an end-to-end business controls framework ensuring complete and accurate reporting
- Be part of a growing Financial Operations team and help us define Finance Enablement best practices to equip HubSpot to scale for the future
We’re looking for people that have:
- Proven experience in IT audit, operational risk or other technology risk management functions
- Knowledge of US GAAP applicable to the technology industry, PCAOB and COSO/Internal Audit standards and experience with public company IT SOX requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally and influence/inspire change across functions
- An ability to summarize and articulate complex technical information for a non-technical audience
- A continuous improvement mentality; someone who naturally identifies opportunities and can drive implementation of enhancements
- A natural inclination for learning various systems quickly and are able to gain knowledge through collaboration as well as individual research
- Demonstrated ability to work and thrive in a dynamic/high growth environment
A bonus (but not required) if you have:
- 2+ years of public accounting experience (Big 4 a plus!)
- CPA, CA, CISA, or CIA certification
- SaaS or Fintech industry experience
- Familiarity with Order-to-Cash business processes
- Familiarity with systems used at HubSpot (NetSuite, Avalara, Zuora, Adyen)
- Interest or experience in change management & enablement (i.e. defining the right communication, training, and processes to drive cross-functional changes)
Cash compensation range: $106,000-$159,000 USD annually.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.