- Lead all aspects of the product development process from conceptualization to product launch.
- Use experience, insights, and data-driven decisions to inform product development decisions and delight our customers.
- Product development duties will include, but not be limited to: evaluating key sensory attributes, shelf life, nutrition facts, processing, safety, packaging, coding, and regulatory compliance.
- Leads supplier selection for products, including: sample and product information requests, specification development, product cost, order minimums and lead times, and communication of product changes to address safety, performance, and/or regulatory issues.
- Partners with Category Managers to address assortment gaps and develop unique, mission-aligned products to surprise and delight our customers.
- Works closely with the Director of Product Development & Private Brand to support company and category strategies.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of product development experience in consumables.
- Strong collaboration skills required.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance.
- Familiarity with a range of domestic and international food and beverage manufacturers preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent the company and its mission when dealing with vendors, contract manufacturers, and internal teams.
- Excellent organizational skills, process management, and attention to detail in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment.
- Experience with Excel, SPINS, and other platforms preferred.
- A passion for our mission of creating a better food system through thoughtful sourcing.
- Challenges the status quo and continually seeks to innovate.
- Insatiably curious and open to learning new things constantly.
- Results-oriented, as private label development is essential to our company strategy.
- Comfortable with change and shifting priorities.
- A well-developed palate.
- Ability to receive and give product feedback in a group setting and present products and business cases to key partners.
- Able to travel a few times throughout the year (once safe)
Details of Position:
- Full-time/ exempt position reporting to the Director of Product Development and Private Brand
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Domestic travel might be required Ability to work a flexible schedule and working hours as necessary
- Candidate can be remotely located within US time zones
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Domestic travel as necessary
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds