Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed is seeking an experienced Network Administrator who will play a key role in a modern, ever growing environment. The candidate should be a driven, experienced IT professional with strong skills in a wide array of technologies and platforms relating to networking.
The successful candidate will ensure the high availability of Lightspeeds global corporate networks, ensuring they are maintained and secured to industry standards. Takes a proactive approach to all network service related requests and incidents and owns them to resolution.
What you’ll be doing:
- Planning, design and implementation of our corporate network infrastructure including routing, switching, wireless, security and monitoring.
- Daily operations and maintenance of our corporate networks including decommissioning of sites when applicable
- Provide advanced technical system expertise. Oversight and accountability for resolution of outages & service level issues
- Responsible for keeping technical data up to date (architecture, integration diagrams and documentation)
- Participate in the identification, development and implementation of industry standards and security best practices
- Develop & maintain the corporate network disaster recovery plan and failover efforts
- Proactively monitor network performance. Create standard operating procedures & escalation processes for alarms & security events relating to Network Services
- Analysis of complex system behavior & performance issues.
- Participate in Information Technology projects from inception to operational status.
- Contribute to other technology projects requiring network engineering expertise.
- Participate in vendor evaluation & lab testing of new technologies
- Participate in on-call rotation for P1 incidents
What you need to bring:
- Intermediate experience in building scalable, highly available, global network infrastructures
- Intermediate experience with Fortinet network hardware
- Fortinet Certified NSE 4 minimum, preferably NSE 5+
- Extensive design experience in the following technologies: OSPF, BGP, MPLS, EIGRP, Port Security, VLAN/trunking, QoS
- Extensive RF experience in Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax
- Experience in 802.1x NAC deployment and administration
- Proven diagnostic problem solving and solution development capabilities
- Excellent English written & verbal communication skills
Even better but not necessary:
- Experience with PRTG or equivalent monitoring solutions
- Experience with Meraki
- Experience with SD-WAN deployment & administration
- Fluency in French
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role… hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed’s one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.