Here at Elevate Security, we’re building the world’s first-ever proactive insider risk platform focused on enabling enterprises to shift left of loss by identifying the users most likely to cause a breach and orchestrating additional security to minimize the likelihood of an incident.
We’re looking for exceptional and passionate people to help us build this future and redefine the security landscape. Come join one of the best tech startups in Berkeley (from anywhere in the world; we’re remote)!
Forward Deployed Software Engineers work directly with customers to quickly understand their most significant problems and design and implement solutions to use data against them. You’ll work in small teams with minimal supervision and own end-to-end execution of ambiguous projects. Your day might span discussing architecture with fellow engineers, wrangling massive-scale data, coding a custom web app, speaking with customer executives, or establishing strategy for your team.
Who you are
You are a Senior Software Engineer or Senior Security Engineer involved in resolving complex customer support issues while delivering amazing customer support experiences to highly technical customers. You are committed to improving processes and solving problems with the ability to read and write code. You thrive at working in a fast-paced environment. If you’re tenacious, good humored, inquisitive, diplomatic and helpful, you’ll succeed in this role.
- Provide world-class support by taking ownership for customer issues from initial contact to resolution including troubleshooting the issue, determining root cause and ensuring that the customer understands the resolution
- Partner with the Engineering and Development teams to resolve customer issues and assist customers during the implementation of our products and services which includes reading, analyzing and writing code
- Write documentation, knowledge base articles, and tutorials to improve the customer experience of Elevate’s products and services
- Participate in the QA process of current and new products/services
- Contribute to the development of our support policies and procedures
- Do whatever it takes to provide outstanding support
- Able to participate in on-call rotation and have weekend day component to weekly schedule
- At least 3 years in a Software Engineering role or equivalent
- Comfortable with web platforms & frameworks like Django, Flask, and React.JS
- Can embrace ambiguity and apply their experience of utilizing tools and resources to come to a resolution
- Able to establish subject matter expertise in new technologies
- Able to coach and support teammates on complex technical issues
- Able to quickly build trusting relationships with customers
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical customers
- Able to work in a team environment while working independently
What makes Elevate Security a great place to work?
- We care about your career. At Elevate Security we encourage each other to constantly grow and expand our skills and knowledge. Mentorship is part of our culture as you work side by side with some of the brightest talent in the Bay Area.
- At such a small, tight-knit startup, you matter tremendously and your contributions make an immediate impact.
- We have fun! No matter how fast we grow or how busy we are, we always remember to laugh and enjoy each other and our clients.
- Balancing our careers and personal lives is important to us. We want you to work where and when you work best.
- Embracing our culture of diversity, constant learning, and collaboration makes us a better team and helps us build a better product.
- We are mission driven. We never lose sight of why we do what we do.
- We’re genuinely nice, optimistic, inclusive, and empathetic people. We won’t hire jerks.
- We’re remote!
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Professional development funds