- Chameleon is SaaS for product teams to create in-product UX (modals, banners, checklists, microsurveys etc.) to drive user engagement. Watch a short demo here.
- We’re a remote-first, Series A, VC-backed startup and currently ~40 folks distributed across the Americas and Europe.
- Seeking our Founding Account Manager ****with B2B SaaS experience, located in the US.
- Salary range for this role is $160k-$180k USD annually, based on experience
- Our application process may seem different — our remote culture requires a lot of async collaboration across teams, so we try to resemble a sample of this in our interview process
🦎 Chameleon is making “product-led” a reality
Everyone wants to use software on their own without having to talk to Sales or CS.
Companies that enable their products to be self-serve in this manner also benefit from fast + efficient growth. Chameleon helps our customers do this ✅
We’re a lean, high-performing team that cares about our people and operates on a remote-first basis. We’re early in our journey, and it’s an exciting time to join if you like building, fast learning, and continual change.
More on our product, team, culture, and vision here.
The Founding Account Manager role at Chameleon
The software world is rapidly transitioning to self-serve and product-led models. Companies are quickly bringing in more users to their software products, but they have yet to find an effective way to onboard them and ensure their adoption and success.
Chameleon is a low-code tool that allows product teams to create, publish and optimize in-app experiences for users without relying on developers and to communicate with users via pop-ups, modals, banners, tooltips, and more.
Until now, our Account Executives have been handling customer accounts, so this Founding Account Manager role is a highly strategic position within the broader sales team. In this role, you’ll play an integral part in building the Account Management foundation at Chameleon. This includes collaborating closely with our Customer Success team to help our customers achieve their goals, ensuring smooth renewals, as well as helping customers find new ways to use Chameleon and expand their engagements with us.
- Build and manage a strong pipeline of expansion opportunities within your book of accounts.
- Maintain renewals pipeline and ensure smooth processes for customers hand in hand with our Customer Success team.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and executives at our customer’s companies.
- Drive complex deals within a fast-paced, highly async environment.
- Team up with our VP of Sales to create the right frameworks and processes for our customer account retention and expansion.
- Master Digital Adoption Platform processes and teach customers how to get the most out of Chameleon.
- Bring your thinking, strategy, and ideas to the team to advance our vision for the future of Digital Adoption and our customer’s success. This is a foundational role that will help shape the Account Management function and org at Chameleon.
Skills and experience that will aid success in this role
- 3+ years of closing experience in a SaaS technology company, specific experience with account expansion, and track record of working with VP & C-Level buyers at Mid-Market companies.
- Proven track record of quota achievement.
- Experience in fast-paced and high-growth/early-stage companies.
- Strong sales fundamentals, business & sales acumen.
- Experience building structure and processes, working from the ground up.
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strong interest in Product, PLG, SaaS, etc.; happy reading and researching these topics
- Comfortable grasping and distilling technical concepts (e.g. DOM structure, CSS attributes, APIs, front-end frameworks, etc.)
- Curious and continuous learner. You’re always looking to improve and grow.
Key benefits for this role
💵 Competitive base + bonus compensation ($160k-$180k USD OTE), based on experience, and early-stage equity
💻 New Macbook and 💵 $1,000 budget to spend on home office equipment
🌳 Flexible work hours and generous paid time off, plus Flexible Fridays! 🤸♀️
🏕️ Fully-paid international team retreats and mini-meetups (last one was in Miami; see here)
🤝 Access to True Ventures/ Matrix portfolio events, workshops, and networking
💡 Work with some of the best product people in the world as customers
🚀 Ongoing coaching and mentorship from a leadership team that will help you rapidly develop and advance in your career
🌈 Chameleons are all different and uniquely beautiful. They change and aren’t required to associate or identify with any specific labels. We welcome the chance to get to know you and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that consists of a variety of backgrounds, cultures, languages, experiences, preferences, and characteristics. That’s what helps us all grow and evolve.
What to expect from the hiring process
Each person that joins our team leaves a major impact on our product, culture, and trajectory. It’s critical our team consists of people who are the best at what they do but also passionate about our objectives and space.
Our hiring process is designed to give you a taste of working at Chameleon so you can decide whether this is the perfect role for you or not!
Key milestones 🛣️
Read this document and determine if this could be a good fit for you ✅
- Fill out our application form This application won’t be like the rest – it won’t be boring or robotic. It will give you the opportunity to showcase your skills in a way that goes beyond submitting your resume. Plus, it’ll help us get back to you quickly if we decide to move forward!
- Introductory chat Join our Head of Ops, Shannon, to learn more about the role, team, and culture at Chameleon. Bring questions!
- Interview 1Let’s continue the conversation and dig into some of your experience with Brooke, our VP of Sales.
- Interview 2 – Customer Call Role Play (Expansion Opportunity) This will be a practical exercise that we expect to take 1-2 hours to prep and 1 hour to complete with us live on a call. We also record this session to share with the rest of the interview panel. We will ask you to write a follow-up business case in a working doc that we will collaborate with you on and use to give you feedback.
- Debrief discussion/Interview 3 If we’re impressed with your role-play, we’ll move to interview #3 with you. Here you’ll meet Tiago (Head of Customer Success) and Devin (Senior Account Executive). We’ll dig into your role play and understand your approach to the exercise. This will also give you time to get additional questions answered.
- Final RoundLast conversation before an offer. You’ll meet with Brooke again, as well as company Co-Founder and CEO Pulkit. This is our opportunity for you and us to dig into any final questions.
Offer 🎉 We’ll give you a call to provide you with details of your offer and hopefully agree on your start date!
We expect to reply to you within ~1 week of you submitting the application form if we are interested in setting up a call.
From the short chat to the offer should take ~3 weeks. If we do not move forward with you in any of the stages past the application, you can expect a speedy response with some feedback.
Once we agree on the offer, we hope you can begin as soon as possible!