The Fraud Risk Detection Specialist is responsible for track and monitor a bank’s transactions and activity that comes through individual accounts, identify and trace any suspicious or high-risk transactions, determine if there is improper activity involved, and determine if there is any risk to the Bitso or our customers, protecting and safeguarding Bitso’s reputation while protecting our users. The team Fraud Risk Tools and technology to identify fraudulent partners and support customers and other partners claims and requests. Also, the Fraud Risk Detection Specialist is responsible for conducting a fraud risk evaluation of new and existing clients with certain high-risk attributes during onboarding process and needs to be able to understand risk concepts, identify root causes, and analyze complex issues. The ideal candidate must have experience with Fraud Risk Tools and Technologies, ability to quickly learn new technologies. A collaborative approach is key as this role is expected to contribute ideas and initiate tactical improvements to the overall Fraud Risk Management process.
- Achieve fraud loss goals while ensuring best in class Customer Experience;
- Track and monitor Bitso transactions and activities that comes through individual accounts, identify and trace any suspicious or high-risk transactions, determine if there is improper activity involved, and determine if there is any risk to the company or its customers;
- Complaint handling, fraud alerts analysis, investigations and customer escalations;
- Partner with Customer Support Team in order to enhance process and provide best in class service to customers and users from a Fraud Risk Management Perspective;
- Interact with banks, other financial and payments companies and customers to validate information and to confirm or cancel transactions;
- Interaction with other Financial Institutions in funds recovery process and overall collaboration;
- Resolve customer issues within the scope of existing service level agreements;
- Identify system and process improvements to prevent fraudulent activities;
- Recommend anti-fraud processes for changing transaction patterns and trends;
- Expect a fast-paced, fun production environment that includes continuous delivery, quality management, knowledge sharing, and collective ownership.
Who you are:
- If you are from Mexico or any other Spanish speaker country in LATAM, please note this position requires to work the night shift (10:00 pm – 6:00 am CST)
- If you are from Spain, please note this position requires to work the early morning shift (5:00 am/6:00 pm – 1:00 pm/2:00 pm)
- +2 years experience acting as Fraud Detection Analyst in Financial Services Fraud Operations or Fraud Recovery Teams
- +2 years of financial services fraud investigation experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Proven experience using Fraud Detection and Recovery (Chargeback) Tools & Process
- Must embrace change and thrive in an evolving department
- Passionate about identifying trends and opportunities to simplify, or standardize processes
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to critically think and assess complex issues
- Ability to spot issues, address conflicts and escalate issues where appropriate
- Proficient Spanish and English
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- Employee Stock Option Plan: we want our team members to be owners of the company. Therefore, as we all together crave for the success of our business, you will be eligible to participate in our stock option plan!
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.