We’re looking for a Fraud Manager to support a new financial product at Propel.
Over 4 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here and here. Now we’re building Fresh Card, a new financial product that will offer the best banking option for low-income Americans.
We’re looking for an experienced, scrappy, and mission-driven Fraud Manager to join our debit operations team — the team that ensures that Fresh Card works. You’ll work on a range of key initiatives from creating fraud prevention strategies and policies to engaging with customers to protect their accounts. You’ll use data to identify opportunities for operational improvement and provide feedback to the product team around fixes and new features. Success for this role means ensuring a great customer experience while protecting our users and their funds in a repeatable and scalable way.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Medicaid or other social safety net programs.
What we offer:
- As the first person own this function at Propel, opportunity to build-out and solve an array of operations challenges
- A fast-moving, get-stuff-done environment where you will be a major contributor to the business and culture on day one
- Opportunity to immediately improve the financial lives of millions of Americans living with limited or uneven income
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Fort Greene, Brooklyn (note: remote work available in 2021)
What you’ll do:
- Monitor reports and other data sources to identify fraud trends and incidents. As needed, build-out new processes and reporting to improve fraud monitoring.
- Engage with customers to resolve disputes, escalations and fraud.
- Collaborate and guide the Customer Experience team in order to mitigate risk.
- Build new operational processes around payment operations, reporting and fraud/risk
- Identify opportunities to simplify processes, limit risk, or increase operational efficiency; over time, build standardized and scalable processes for internal teams
- Work crossfuncitonally with other teams to scope new features and develop ways to test new ideas
What you have:
- 4+ years experience in financial services (preferably on a debit/prepaid product) with experience in payment and fraud operations
- Experience working directly with customers to resolve issues – especially regarding fraud and compliance. Proficient at de-escalating
- Proficient at reviewing and analyzing data. Experience with using Excel. SQL experience is nice to have.
- Preferred experience working with early-stage companies and making the right tradeoffs between building and optimizing
- Excellent communicator; able to break down issues for non subject matter experts
- Passionate about building great financial products for low-income Americans