Quick Take: Axios is a digital media company that gets you smarter, faster with news that matters at the national and local levels. Our in-house content studio, Smart Brevity Studio, communicates for brand partners in Axios’ signature style. We are a team of writers, producers, and visual artists looking to communicate a brand’s message effectively and creatively.
Why it matters: The Axios Smart Brevity Studio team is looking for talented freelancers to create content on behalf of Axios clients at the local level. Individuals will write copy and capture lifestyle imagery and videos (primarily on smartphones) for use on Axios Local’s social media, websites and newsletters.
Go deeper: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios Local’s mission and have the following skills:
- Familiarity with Axios brand and style.
- Ability to create stunning visual content for cross-platform use.
- Comfortable working in different settings and photographing a range of subjects (real estate, event promotion, food & drink, etc).
- Impeccable time management and communication skills.
- Basic photo and video editing skills.
- Must be able to secure transportation to shoots.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients while onsite.
- Copywriting and social media experience a plus.
Take note: Assignments may fall during the workweek as well as on weekends.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.