Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US and India. We welcome applicants from all states in India.
Data-driven companies win. Mode provides the tools to make companies data-driven. Data analysts quickly answer business questions using data in a comprehensive, cloud-based toolchain. Business users can understand and explore their company’s data in our world-class visualization product. By serving both analysts and business users, Mode provides the complete solution for data-driven companies.
Engineering at Mode
Come work with a diverse and deeply experienced team. We have colleagues from companies like Google, Tableau, SAS, Apple, Facebook, Glassdoor and many more. Read about our key engineering values.
Engineers at Mode work in small, cross-functional teams that own specific products and act with high autonomy. We value open discussion, collaboration and engineering excellence.
Our Technical Stack
- Our services are written in Java and Golang
- Our proprietary data engine Helix caches, manages and queries customer data
- Our infrastructure is ECS Fargate containers on AWS, managed with Terraform
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain our Visualization Module that powers the Visual Explorer.
- Collaborate with a small cross-functional team of Engineers and Designers to build, test, and ship performant and maintainable code
- Adhere to development practices that let us move fast with quality
- Ready to take initiatives and don’t wait for someone to ask you to solve it
- Work with a wide range of technologies and frameworks and be able to evaluate technologies for what we are building
What we look for
- 2+ years professional experience building world-class products & experiences.
- Strong programming skills, critical thinking and debugging abilities.
- Professional experience with testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- A positive attitude and a desire to improve continually
- Alignment to Mode’s values
- Experience in Data Visualization.
- Familiarity with Visualization Libraries like D3, Vega.
- Experience in Web Technologies.
- Expertise in front-end frameworks such as Angular, Angular JS, React or VueJS