This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on March 5, 2021.
Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Ad Hoc is looking for a Front End Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will have moderate experience developing and maintaining large-scale production systems in modern agile development environments. They are well versed in the fundamentals of at least one technology stack and can write well structured, tested, and secure application code with little feedback or guidance. They will have implemented web front ends for richly-featured applications using a modern web framework like React, Angular, Vew.js, or similar. They write frontend code that is highly accessible and maintainable. They can collaborate effectively with UX designers. They take an active role in planning and delivery efforts and draw on their experience to suggest approaches or alternatives. They work primarily with guidance and direction from their tech lead but frequently take on moderately complex tasks independently, occasionally assisting more junior engineers.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively – we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage modern front-end frameworks like React to deliver performant and maintainable front-end applications
- Integrate with various back-end APIs, and collaborate with team members to ensure back-end services meet the needs of our front-end systems
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications
- Bachelor of Science in Technology or Engineering
- Building applications using a client-side framework such as AngularJS, Ember.js, or React.
- Optimizing client-side web applications for speed and performance.
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
- Experience with Node JS and React
- Experience with React
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.