Formed in 2014, Tendermint is the creator of Cosmos, an ecosystem of interoperable blockchains. We are a software engineering company that focuses on the Cosmos SDK and Starport, state-of-the-art frameworks for blockchain development. Over USD 100 billion worth of digital assets is secured by the 200+ blockchains built with the Cosmos SDK.
We’re passionate, self-driven industry leaders whose vision is to empower people to create a more transparent and accountable world through open, distributed, and interoperable networks. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major positive impact on how humans connect and coordinate globally. Join our growing international team and help us build the most popular multi-blockchain ecosystem in the world.
How we work
We have team members working worldwide, from North America, Europe to the Middle East and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is vital to us, and we rely heavily on Slack, Google Workspace, Asana, Notion, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is free and open source.
This role is a full-time remote position, and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8 am and 12 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7). If you’re applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, we expect you to adapt to our meeting times.
What you will be doing
- Working within the design team to build websites for the web and mobile web.
- Help to update and improve our current websites: emeris.com, starport.com, tendermint.com, cosmos.network.
- Maintenance of a VuePress theme for documentation websites.
- Ensuring our websites are responsive, performant, WCAG accessible, and bug-free for recent versions of web browsers across all popular systems.
- Building animated and interactive visuals with appropriate technologies, such as HTML/CSS, JS animation libraries, and WebGL / Canvas.
- Optimizing our front-end website code for SEO, maintainability, and performance.
We’re looking for someone that has:
- A portfolio/resume demonstrating 4+ years of web development experience.
- Excellent knowledge of CSS and experience writing stylesheets in LESS/SASS/Stylus in a way that is easy to extend and maintain.
- Experience implementing visualizations and animations using webGL and Canvas-based libraries.
- A keen eye for visual and interaction details when translating designs (prototypes and mockups) to code – we use Figma for handoff.
- Good understanding of how to work with third-party HTTP APIs (for example, Airtable, Coingecko, YouTube, Medium).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Clear and concise written and oral English communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience using cryptocurrencies, crypto wallets, decentralized exchanges, lending protocols, etc.
- Broad knowledge of blockchain technologies
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness, and wellbeing spend
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance 100% covered for employees in the US
- 401K Match in the US
- Competitive salary, including equity.
Tendermint in the news: