- Chameleon is SaaS for product teams to create in-product UX (modals, banners, checklists, microsurveys, etc.) to drive user engagement. Watch a short demo here.
- We’re a remote-first, Series A VC-backed startup and currently ~35 team members, distributed across the Americas and Europe. Learn more about our team, company, and culture here.
- Looking for a Frontend Engineer with SaaS experience living in the Americas to join our fast-growing team at Chameleon
- Salary range for this role is $120-180k per annum (offer will be based on your seniority and geography)
- We try to resemble what it would be like working together through the application process, while also allowing you to show your skills early in the process!
✨Take me to the application!
The Front-end Engineer role
Why we want to hire this role now
- We started Chameleon after being frustrated at poor user onboarding and feeling required to speak with sales before we could start using new products.
- As engineers, we want to solve the hardest problems and apply our creativity to design beautiful software. It’s tedious to build and maintain tooltips, banners, or checklists; we built Chameleon to let the product people handle that independently while letting engineers focus on the core value proposition a product provides.
- Chameleon exists as a layer between our customers’ web applications and their users. This means that the software we build is for our thousands of customers and tens of millions of their end-users.
- As we gain more customers, they require our software to handle more and growing use cases. The way web applications are built is changing rapidly; UX patterns are getting smarter; organizations are embracing the product-led movement.
- As software becomes more self-serve, we will stay ahead of the curve to better enable software around the world.
- Better handle the scale and volume of data we receive
- Build out brand new products that help our customers more successfully engage their users
- Continue to improve on-page performance while adding more complexity
- Enhance the functionality and UX of the existing product to make it more accessible to brand-new customers and non-technical users
- Build workflows to support larger teams (e.g. roles/permissions) and more usage (a team having hundreds of “campaigns” within Chameleon)
We are looking for a Front-end Engineer who thrives in a remote startup environment, is passionate about building great software, and enjoys a wide variety of problems.
You will be a key member of our engineering team, work closely with the other frontend engineers our CTO and enable us to improve our product velocity.
What you will do specifically
You will be primarily working closely with the Product team on our React web-app in a modern tech stack.
Key activities we expect you to be doing include:
- Work on our customer dashboard building new UI/UX
- Create, build and maintain reusable React components
- Write testable well documented code
- Make customer experience with Chameleon memorable and lovable
- Support keeping our platform secure and reliable
Skills and experience that will aid success in this role
- 4+ years working full-time as an engineer and 2+ years of React experience
- Experience leading / collaborating with other engineers (Tuple)
- Fluency with React / JS / HTML / CSS. Opinionated about the right way to JS.
- Comfort and experience working with testing suites (Cypress, Jest)
- Independent and self-motivated mindset; proactive in finding solutions while able to structure your own work with minimal management
- Be able to provide guidance and answers the first time, see blind spots and complexity before it impacts the flow of work
- Derives joy and pride from refactoring and improving important code.
- You have a fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection (we’ll send you a new M2 Macbook air with 16GB ram)
- You are in an Americas timezone (EST, CST, MST, PST)
- This is your full-time job (no other part-time roles)
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English
Learn more about our team, culture, and vision on our company page.
<aside> 🌈 Chameleons are all different and uniquely beautiful. They change and aren’t required to associate or identify with any specific labels. We welcome the chance to get to know you and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that consists of a variety of backgrounds, cultures, languages, experiences, preferences, and characteristics. That’s what helps us all grow and evolve.
The hiring process
Our hiring process is designed to give you a taste of working at Chameleon as a Senior Front-end Engineer, so you can reliably decide whether this is the perfect role for you or not!
Key milestones 🛣️
- Fill out our application form below We try to make this process unique and transparent, so it won’t be tedious and robotic but will engage you in similar ways to the job. It will also mean that we can move quickly through the recruiting cycle if we are moving forward.
- First chatLet’s take this chance to get to know each other and introduce Chameleon. We will answer any questions you have about the company, the role or ways of working. Bring any and all questions!
- Take-home exercise This will be a technical exercise that we expect to take 1-2 hours in total. This will resemble the kind of work you will actually do, so it helps us all assess if this is a good fit.
- Take-home debrief interview If we’re impressed with your exercise then we’ll discuss it with you to understand why you made certain choices and what you might have done differently
- Offer 🎉 At this point we are all suitably convinced that you and Chameleon are a great for each other, so we’ll agree on your compensation and start date!
We expect to reply to you within ~1 week of you submitting the application form IF we are interested in setting up a call.
Unfortunately, we likely won’t be able to give you feedback if we do not move forward. We are expecting 150+ applicants for this role based on precedence and as a small team, we are just too stretched to manually craft rejections at this stage.
Once we agree on the offer, we hope you can begin as soon as possible!