- Chameleon is SaaS for product teams to create in-product UX (modals, banners, checklists, microsurveys, universal search etc.) to drive user engagement. Watch a short demo here.
- We’re a remote-first, Series A VC-backed startup and currently ~45 team members, distributed across the Americas and Europe. Learn more about our team, company, and culture here.
- Looking for a Frontend Engineer with SaaS experience living in the US 🇺🇸 , Canada 🇨🇦 or Brazil 🇧🇷 **to join our product team
- Salary range for this role is $120-180k per annum (offer will be based on your seniority and geography)
- We try to resemble what it would be like working together through the application process, while also allowing you to show your skills early in the process!
The Frontend Engineer role
💬 Why this role now?
Our product team is ~10 Engineers, 3 QAs, 1 PM (Tj), 2 designers (Valentin, Russ), Engineering Manager (Aaron Cody) and our founders (Pulkit & Brian). We are building the best product in our category and are shipping great functionality, (see this or our LinkedIn page) but we want to go even faster 🚀
We are concurrently hiring another designer, and another PM so we can build two pods of work (core and growth/new).
We raised a Series A last year after years of bootstrapped and sustainable growth, so are in a financially strong position. We have never conducted layoffs and believe in thoughtful hiring.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer who excels in a fast pace remote environment, is enthusiastic about building excellent software, and enjoys tackling a diverse range of problems.
🔮 Where are we heading?
It’s a great time to join as we have achieved product-market fit, established the fundamentals of operating as a product team, and work with over 300 outstanding teams, such as Twilio Segment, Mixpanel, Copy.ai, Fivetran, Chili Piper, and more. View some of our case studies here!
Watch a quick demo of our product below:
Users now expect personalized software, catering to their specific needs and context. This is hard to build and manage at scale, but the companies that succeed with this product-led approach are the winners. This provides us the opportunity to create a category-shaping company that is a part of every company’s product stack! 🌐
📅 What your day might include (+ our stack)
You will be primarily working closely with the Product team (~10 Engineers, 3 QAs, 1 PM, 2 designers) on our React web-app.
- Collaborating with the Product team to review product specs (Notion)
- Review designs and help shape the eventual UX of new features (Figma)
- Work on your Sprint backlog; highlight your questions, document your progress (Trello)
- Review pull requests of other engineers (Github)
- Record “product walk” videos to solicit feedback and to show off newly built things (Loom)
- Low-latency pairing with other Engineers to make progress with the high context (Tuple)
- 2-3 scheduled calls per week (yes only 2-3 🤩) everything else covered ad-hoc, async, through peer pairing or monthly 1-1s with your manager (Slack, Google Meet, Lattice)
- Work on our customer dashboard building new UI/UX (React, Rails, Node.js)
- Create, build and maintain reusable React components
- Write testable well documented code (Cypress, Jest)
- Make customer experience with Chameleon memorable and lovable
- Support keeping our platform secure and reliable (MongoDB, Heroku, AWS)
Skills and experience that will aid success in this role
- 4+ years working full-time as an Engineer and 2+ years of React experience
- Experience collaborating with other Engineers
- Fluency with React / JS / HTML / CSS. Opinionated about the right way to JS.
- Independent and self-motivated mindset; proactive in finding solutions while able to structure your own work with minimal management
- Be able to provide guidance and answers the first time, see blind spots and complexity before it impacts the flow of work
- You have a fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection (we’ll send you a new M2 Macbook air with 16GB ram)
- You are located in the US 🇺🇸, Canada 🇨🇦, or Brazil 🇧🇷
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English
Learn more about our team, culture, and vision on our company page.
🌈 Chameleons are all different and uniquely beautiful. They change and aren’t required to associate or identify with any specific labels. We welcome the chance to get to know you and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that consists of a variety of backgrounds, cultures, languages, experiences, preferences, and characteristics. That’s what helps us all grow and evolve.
The hiring process
Our hiring process is designed to give you a taste of working at Chameleon as a Frontend Engineer, so you can reliably decide whether this is the perfect role for you or not!
Key milestones 🛣️
- Fill out our application form below We try to make this process unique and transparent, so it will engage you in similar ways to the job. It will also mean that we can move quickly through the recruiting cycle if we are moving forward.
- Interview 1Let’s take this chance to get to know each other and introduce Chameleon. Please bring questions!
- Take-home exercise This will be a technical exercise that we expect to take 1-2 hours in total. It will resemble the kind of work you will actually do, so it can help us assess your strengths and different abilities.
- Technical debrief interview If we’re impressed with your exercise, we’ll discuss it with you to understand why you made certain choices and what you might have done differently
- Offer 🎉 At this point we are all suitably convinced that you and Chameleon are a great for each other, so we’ll agree on your compensation and start date!
We expect to reply to you within ~1 week of you submitting the application form IF we are interested in setting up a call. Once we agree on the offer, we hope you can begin as soon as possible!
Just a note to communicate that we invest in our new teammate onboarding as much as our recruiting process:
- We create a customized and structured Onboarding doc corresponding to your Day 1, Week 1, Month 1 periods.
- You’ll have a buddy (for non-functional questions) and a coach (for function specific needs) to seek help from.
- There will be regular check-ins to ensure you’re getting up to speed.
- Early on, you will “pair” as well as have your own independent work (e.g. enhancements to existing functionality) as you gain confidence to take on new projects end-to-end.
You will receive continued support from a team that cares deeply about your success. 🤗