Nav was founded to have a meaningful impact on the lives of millions of small business owners by bringing efficiency and transparency to financial decision making. We are changing the way these business owners secure lending with our innovative technology and customer-centric approach. We build intelligent software on top of data to solve issues in the small business financial ecosystem. Our ability to collect, aggregate, enrich and distribute this data makes us unique and presents many avenues for business growth.
We are passionate about empowering our teams and giving them the freedom to shape our future. Our teams lead with candor, charge hard, fail fast, all while working in a fun, diverse, and inclusive environment. If you are a high-energy innovator, enjoy a rapid-paced growing environment, and have the zest to solve big challenges, join us… Be a part of history and co-create the future of FinTech.
YOUR ROLE AT NAV:
- Helping the Front End team design, develop, and maintain scalable, reusable code.
- The power to continuously ship and learn from experiments and features.
- Full ownership for each of our customer’s experiences helping them strive for excellence in building, leveraging, and protecting their businesses.
- Manage engineers and help them develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels and long-term skill development.
- Supporting, teaching and mentoring the Front End team with relentless kindness. And an environment where you are encouraged as a leader to learn from your team.
- Contribute to discussions on a diverse set of topics relating to the business and engineering team.
- Jumping right into Nav’s agile/scrum process.
- An environment where you can ask for help to avoid rabbit holes.
- Time to have weekly one on ones with your engineers to set expectations, provide regular feedback, and support them by removing roadblocks and helping them tackle problems.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5 years of industry experience in Software Engineering.
- AND/OR mobile application development with iOS or Android (native or web-based/cross-platform)
- Strong understanding of UI/UX best practices and considerations.
- Experience working in Agile teams and iterating to build sustainable and iterative solutions.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Experience handling change management
- Experience working with a group to deliver results and holding the group accountable to the results
- Strong grasp of programming patterns and concepts.
- Preferred experience in our stack:
- Experience building front end applications using Apollo
- Experience with GraphQL.You’ve worked with, and know how to facilitate communication, in a location distributed team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Relentless problem solver
- Opensource? – send us links when you apply .
- You’re an effective leader with the ability to grow, mentor and challenge a team to do their best work every day.
- You’re known for crossing the boundaries of your function to meet company goals.
- You care about the people you work with but challenge them directly when necessary.
- You are comfortable delivering feedback and coaching up, down and to the side.
WORKING WITH US:
When you join Nav you do more than simply get a new job, you become a part of a group of incredibly talented people who drive innovation, think out of the box, and do impactful work. We are passionate about our products, live for our customers, and work hard but don’t take ourselves too seriously.
BE YOU. At Nav, we are committed to building a high performing healthy company at scale. We know that we work better with a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We celebrate diversity and are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Ownership equity in startup backed by top VC’s (Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, and Experian). Unlimited vacation. Paid maternity/paternity leave. Use of our product. Exceptional Work Environment. Wicked smart peer groups. Employee networking and events.