We’re looking for software developers who enthralled with their craft and are passionate about building products at scale for a great mission. You’ll be deeply involved in feature decisions and should be comfortable using data to drive rapid testing/iterating.
Who We Are
Alignable is North America’s largest small business network with over 5 million businesses in 30,000+ communities. Interacting with their local communities or nationally-recognized industry peers, our small business owners drive customer referrals, business opportunities, and helpful conversations on the Alignable business network.
Small businesses give our communities character– generating local jobs and supporting local causes. They’re the beating heart of the global economy representing 50% of GDP and 65% of all new jobs. Their owners are creators, risk-takers, and, always, problem-solvers. They’re under-resourced, yet undeterred. We want to give back to these small business owners.
Our mission is to support their ongoing success by providing recommended resources, highly-rated tools, and an engaged, supportive peer network – it’s a difference our members experience every day. Whether it’s hearing from a fellow business owner who’s overcome a similar problem, reading a credible opinion on a vendor, or sourcing great ideas to grow sales, Alignable members can count on each other for empathetic, pragmatic advice.
If you want to empower the small business owner through a social media network unlike any other, let’s talk.
Led by start-up veterans from Invisalign, Constant Contact, Vistaprint, and Audible, we know how to turn promising ideas into enduring businesses that transform the digital landscape. We’re eager to repeat this success.
Advocacy and Encouragement. They make our online communities great, but they also make Alignable a great place to work IRL. Our culture is dynamic, supportive and offers tremendous opportunities to grow your career together with the business. We offer autonomy, ownership, mentoring and flexibility. Every one of our employees and co-ops can directly point to how they’ve made a major impact on the business.
Headquartered in Boston, Alignable launched in 2014 and is venture-backed by Mayfield fund, Recruit Strategic Partners, Saturn Partners, NextView Ventures, Lead Edge Capital and KIC ventures.
What You’ll Do
In your first couple of months, you’ll take significant new features from concept to production. All new features are designed and built collaboratively with small cross functional teams.
You’ll be deeply involved in feature decisions and should be comfortable using data to drive rapid testing/iterating.
You will be autonomous in managing your work, working independently with product managers and designers to build the most compelling features for our small business members.
You will get to know our members by listening in on video calls and training sessions, observing them using our site, and deeply engaging with our customer success team to understand their challenges.
You will dive deep into our data to further your understanding of our members and draw insights that will allow you to suggest features or changes to our applications.
About Our Stack
- Languages & Databases: Ruby 2.6 and Rails 5 with Postgres, Redis, Memcached w/ React on the frontend
- Testing: Rspec and Enzyme with continuous integration via CircleCI
- Deployment: AWS Alphabet soup
- Analytics Pipeline: Kinesis, Python, Pandas, Redshift
- Machine Learning: Pytorch, Tensorflow
- If you have experience developing Ruby on Rails systems at scale, it’s a plus
- You have experience with Postgres, MySQL, or similar databases
- You have at least 4+ years of experience writing code in a professional work environment
- You have used AWS to build and deploy software
- You’ve worked on an Agile team and delivered software via Scrum, Kanban, or another Agile methodology
- You love digging into data, experience with Python and Pandas is a plus
- You’ve worked on a team that uses continuous development and deployment
- You’ve used TDD or worked on a team without QA but with a high bar for quality and test coverage
What We Offer
- Smart, supportive, fun co-workers
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacations
- Virtual working environment
- Payroll deduction for commuter rail and parking
- An opportunity to help millions of small business owners across the United States and Canada