Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about bitcoin and crypto to millions of investors.
Our editorial site, research, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role:
You will collaborate with product, design, and other engineers on building and improving our editorial platform with ~1M monthly active users. You will be responsible for leading and scoping out feature work across the whole stack.
⛴ Ship fast, ship often
💡 Build out features that scale
♻️ Participate in all aspects of product development life cycle including requirement/design
❓Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
🚨 Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
🛠 Find and fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
We want to find the best person for the role regardless of where you are located. This role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York City office.
- Builder with strong programming background & experience building products from scratch
- 3+ years of experience shipping as a full stack or backend engineer with Node.js & Next.js experience
- Motivated to work on the highest priority feature no matter where in the stack
- Familiar with the our tech stack: AWS, React, NextJS, Headless CMS setups, PHP, Redis, MySQL
Salary & Benefits
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Training & development
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- Commuter benefits
What We Need From You:
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please submit your resume to email@example.com with “Full Stack Engineer + Your Name” in the subject line or directly apply here.
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Blockworks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org