Here at Amplify, we are on a mission to help every company become a data company. We believe that effective data distribution is the missing key to unlocking the value in data, so we set out to build a user-friendly software platform to help companies create, maintain, and distribute their valuable data products. Today we are a well-funded, seed-stage company backed by premier VCs.
Prior to starting Amplify, we were data and startup leaders who have together successfully scaled a 400 person startup and run a data team at a Fortune 500 company. While we are based in the northeast-US today, we are believers in remote-work. Let’s hear from you!
– Karthik & Ameya (Amplify cofounders)
We are looking for a well-rounded and entrepreneurial Backend Software Engineer to serve as an extension of the founding team! You will make foundational technology decisions, dive deep on every aspect of the tech stack, and contribute to critical decisions around company direction.
In this role, you will be responsible for development of the Amplify platform including the web app, APIs, and embeddable data portal. This role requires you to be versatile and able to build a working knowledge of many technologies, frameworks, and libraries in order to contribute to quick and sound decisions about the best approach to any problem.
As an early employee of a well-funded and rapidly-growing startup, you will have significant opportunities for growth and ownership, but early responsibilities include:
- Drive forward core feature roadmap in response to customer feedback
- Build out and enhance our customer-facing REST API
- Improve user experience by suggesting and implementing best practices
Current tech stack: Python (Django w/ Celery), PostgreSQL, Heroku, Snowflake, S3, React, Typescript, Redux, Axios
- At least 5 years within high-performing software engineering teams (startup experience a plus)
- Experience with the following:
- Python and SQL
- Creating and scaling web applications using a framework (ideally Django with Celery)
- Customer-facing API creation and maintenance, especially transferring large amounts of data
- Passionate about building products from the ground-up
- Opinionated on the best way to do things and able to explain tradeoffs between design choices
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.