We (Gateway.FM) are looking for a Senior Back-end GoLang Engineer who is interested in blockchain, Ethereum and/or Bitcoin to join our globally distributed team (around UTC+1).
Join an early-stage startup where you will have a ton of autonomy. You’ll have a strong impact on technical decisions and have the potential to advance quickly into a leadership role.
We are building a multi-chain RPC gateway, allowing our customers to access fully synced nodes across different blockchains. Blockchain technology has already changed the world in some ways, but we believe that it is just getting started. We’re looking for smart people to help us make blockchain technology more inclusive and more reliable.
Why you should join us
- Competitive salary: EUR 5000+/month (or higher for experienced applicants, plus stock options).
- Autonomy: Fully remote team with great dynamics. We won’t micro-manage you.
- Experienced team: We’ve done this before. We have people onboard from blockchain companies like the Ethereum Foundation, Status, Infura, and ConsenSys.
- Lean (Kanban) methodology: We focus on people and getting things done.
- Novel work: Be part of the blockchain movement instead of building yet another CRUD app.
- Ownership: As a small team, we have a lot to build. You’ll work side-by-side with other smart people and feel proud of what you create.
- Highly technical company: We’re a small company with engineering at our core. You won’t have to have frustrating conversations with non-technical people.
Role and responsibilities:
You’ll work on the back-end of our system, which follows a microservices architecture. Specifically, we’re looking for someone to help us with:
- Developing new features
- Integrating our gateway with Ethereum and other blockchains
- Work on the load balancing and query analysis
- Creating automated tests (API and unit tests)
- Contributing to our design and architecture discussions
- Reviewing back-end code from the rest of the team
- Optimizing our platform and ensuring it can scale
What we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate is an experienced engineer with GoLang experience. It’s great if you have blockchain experience already, but if do not we are happy to teach you. Below are some skills we’re hoping for (please apply even if you don’t have 100% of the skills below):
- 2+ years of experience in developing with GoLang
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Deep understanding of profiling, including experience with using a performance profiler
- Excellent understanding of memory management and memory allocation
- Extensive experience with containerization (we use Docker)
- Deep understanding of web systems and protocols
- Knowledge of best practices for building modern web applications
- Experience architecting modern web applications
- Obsessive about writing modular code, creating reusable components and libraries
- Ability to write optimized code: both in terms of speed and scalability
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with version control (git)
- Experience working with JSON-RPC
- Experience building DApps on Ethereum or other blockchains (web3.js or other libraries and solidity)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com