VEED.IO is an online video editing platform that makes creative videos easy and accessible to all. Our platform is used by millions of creators around the world who use our products to tell stories, create content, grow audiences and more (hey, you might even know some of them!).
Since we started VEED in 2018, we have grown much faster than we could have ever imagined. We are now one of the most popular video editing applications in the world. As our user base grows so does our talented team and we would love you to be part of that journey.
How do we build the product?
We love talking to our users and think it is the best way to get to know them. This is important because after all, they enjoy using our product and many also pay for it!
And we enjoy helping them too. About 18 months ago our engineering team was at about 2-3 people and today there are 14 of us. We are still quite small but that doesn’t make us any less capable or ambitious. We are hard at work and are constantly trying to push the boundaries of what is possible on the web.
We love our customers, but we do love our code too. Within the past 18 months we have gone from a rudimentary MVP with no tests to a pretty sophisticated video editing system (…with tests 😇). We take pride in our work and are always on the lookout for more ideas on how to improve it or speed it up. Maybe you have some that we haven’t thought of yet, who knows 😉
As the number of our users grows, we need to make sure that our tech stack stays sharp and improves over time, that we keep coming up with more awesome ideas that keep our customers happy and that our systems can weather any storm.
We love what we do and we know there are more people out there who can help us and would love it too. And this is exactly why we are always on the lookout for the most talented, creative and exciting teammates to join us!
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an engineer with infrastructure building skills. Someone who loves automation and for whom seeing ‘404 – Oops, Something went wrong!’ is their worst nightmare. We are looking for someone who helps us all get better and be more productive, someone who keeps our systems healthy and fast. Do you have interesting ideas? Chaos Engineering? Micro-frontends? Tell us more!
We really believe that best candidates typically don’t think of themselves as just engineers, but rather view themselves as makers. This means not being afraid of working on something you have never done before, have a broad set of skills you are always looking to expand and most importantly you thrive in an environment where there is lots of freedom and original thoughts are welcome and rewarded.
We know that not everyone fits into boxes and we are all always learning. However, here are a few things that we are looking for:
- Strong IaC skills (Terraform / Pulumi / etc.) with 3+ years of industry experience.
- Experience working with the cloud platforms (preferably GCP)
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a shiny university degree or diploma, most of us don’t. But, ideally, we would like to see you have a good bit of theoretical knowledge in DevOps, as well as an understanding of common best practices and recent trends.
- Ability to design technical architectures from scratch.
- We care about how we write our code. So we are looking for someone who is comfortable going through code reviews, knows or would like to learn about testing their code and make it more performant.
- Have a startup-mentality. Be a problem solver.
- Have good communication skills and are a team player who is happy to lend a hand if someone gets stuck.
- Someone who can roll up their sleeves and jump on different things. Building a simple online video editor isn’t always so simple, so we want someone who is not scared of a challenge.
- Have completed a game of Factorio at least once on hardest difficulty (joking of course, but it’s a great game, you should check it out 🙂 )
Our entire team is remote (and always has been). We are happy as long as you’re happy. You will have the freedom and autonomy you need to make decisions and do your best work. Our team is smart, energetic, extremely talented and driven. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we all love what we do.
Work remotely? Work from home with your dog? Work in a cafe? Need a few days off? Swap a weekday for a weekend? Working a half-day?
All of the above is 100% good for us!
Who are we?
VEED is a fast-growing bootstrapped company founded by Sabba Keynejad & Timur Mamedov. At the time of writing (May 2021) Veed has grown from $0 to $4.5M ARR in just 19 Months in a highly competitive market. We may be bootstrapped, but we have venture scale dreams.
OH one more thing! We would really encourage applications from ALL candidates. Our team is diverse in every way possible and we want to keep it that way 🙂