MEPPI is looking for a Generator Controls Specialist to serve as consultant in the field by providing technical expertise and guidance to MEPPI customers in all matters relating to the installation, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and repair of MELCO Automatic Voltage Regulators (AVR), Static Frequency Converters (SFC) and other associated MEPPI equipment. This role requires more than 50% travel.
- Independently analyze findings to determine and recommend repair, replacement or other corrective action.
- Represent MEPPI in the field by communicating directly with customers about problems and issues with MEPPI supplied equipment.
- Diagnose problems and prepare corresponding work plans to be performed at customer sites. Coordinate those plans directly with customers and report findings and plans to GSD management.
- Develop independent troubleshooting plans.
- Perform or provide technical direction of installation, testing, troubleshooting and repair work at customer sites.
- Train technical professionals and technicians on new equipment as requested. Develop curriculum, PowerPoint presentations and custom documentation for specific customers or sites.
- Prepare written reports documenting customer problems and all site visits, including daily status reports and final reports.
- Serve as a liaison to engineering, sales, leadership and other personnel to expedite problem resolution.
- Support and assist the parts and service team as needed.
- Perform startup and commissioning tests at new turbine generator installation sites as required.
- Continually improve customer satisfaction with MEPPI products and services.
- Further the goals and positive, professional image of the GSD Division by professionally representing MEPPI at customer locations and through interaction with other MEPPI Departments and vendors.
- Know MEPPI’s Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies. Be able to fully discuss the importance of these policies and how they impact work.
- High school diploma or GED with minimum 5 years’ experience with maintenance and troubleshooting of electronic and/or electrical systems; experience in the power generation industry, or equivalent education and experience.
- Mechanical, electrical and testing ability, as demonstrated by proper use of hand and power tools, and proper use of electrical test equipment, respectively.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, blueprints, electrical schematics and bills of materials.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced negotiations skills.
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills to communicate with customers, employees and vendors.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office products.
MEPPI offers its employees competitive salaries, commensurate with qualifications and experience, as well as comprehensive benefits including:
- 401(k) Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Employer sponsored programs including Flexible Work Arrangement, Wellness, and Professional Women’s ERG, HOPE (community outreach)
- Onsite Fitness Center and Café
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Volunteer opportunities