Woven Planet, a Toyota subsidiary, is building the safest mobility in the world to transform how we live, work, and move. For nearly a century Toyota has delivered products and services that improve lives. We are continuing that legacy by focusing on automated driving, smart cities, and robotics with safety, reliability, and connection in mind. Together we will weave Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship to realize the dream for a better life for all people.
To build towards this future we need maps, but not just any maps. We need high-definition maps at a global scale that stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world. The Automated Mapping Platform team is taking on this vital work by building crowd-sourced software to enable high-precision localization and sustainable access to multi-layered data that will allow vehicles to stay connected. Our revolutionary business model will support mobility that is both scalable and sustainable, positioning Woven Planet as the world’s largest provider of up-to-date HD maps.
In support of building the safest mobility in the world, we need a Geospatial Developer to join our Advance Geospatial (AG) team in our Seattle office. The AG team is working on capturing changes to the road, making map updates that reflect these changes, and leveraging the data our pipelines create to make informed decisions that will guide the Change Program at AMP. As an AG Developer II you will work directly with the data to help us achieve Toyota quality standards while helping guide the processes that create that data.
NOTE: If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – please apply! Skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
- You work with geospatial leads and cross-functional teams to devise and execute on technical plans for process or quality improvements for capturing change and creating map updates to ensure our data meets quality standards.
- You help build on our culture of continuing education by mentoring beginner and intermediate geospatial programmers, aiding in our transition to Mac OS, and encouraging a quality mindset.
- You design, build, and maintain customer deliverables through Python and SQL coding.
- You collaborate with our Senior Advance Geospatial Developer to continue to evolve our coding standards and practices for the team as technical abilities grow.
We’d love to hear from you (required) if:
- You have excellent English communication with fluid context switching skills and ability to translate technical language
- You have proven ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- You have ability to work individually or within a group using agile methodologies
- You have 3+ years of professional work experience with proven ability to consistently deliver quality code in Python
- You have ability to devise, implement, and test algorithms in python and SQL/NoSQL to isolate and analyze spatial data
- You have proven experience with test-driven development and regression testing
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience:
- You have experience mentoring on technical and execution skills
- You have experience delivering HD maps or mapping products
- You have experience working in a start-up environment.
- You have experience working continuous integration tools, DynamoDB, open-source, or custom tooling. Also Slack, G Suhttps://boards.greenhouse.io/carmera/jobs/6157332002ite, and Jira
- You have ability to read or speak Japanese or familiarity with Japanese (business) cultural norms
*This position is open to candidates imminently relocating to or residing in the greater Seattle area.
Benefits & Perks
We’re committed to creating an environment where you thrive personally and professionally. Our benefits are crafted to support your well-being on a number of levels and include:
- Attractive cash compensation package
- Competitive compensation package
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid, parental leave (26 weeks for Birthing Mothers | 18 weeks for Non-birthing parents)
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan
- Toyota/Lexus Vehicle Leasing Program
- We expect to return to office in a hybrid capacity that emphasizes flexible working norms and time-off
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Backup child/elder care
- Monthly home office stipend
- Mental health and wellness program from Modern Health
- Concierge Medical support by OneMedical
- Telehealth benefits
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
- In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is critical to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice and overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups and individuals.