Duration: 6 months
Hours: 20 hrs/week
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) is seeking a part-time contract Global Compensation Analyst to join our Talent & Culture (T&C) department. There is future potential for this opportunity to convert into a full-time role based on successful performance during the contract period. As an organization, WMF has defined a new compensation structure and philosophy, and is looking for an experienced compensation analyst to help lead and support the rollout of a new compensation program, operationalize new structure and changes (including an ad hoc adjustment for new compensation bands). This role requires strong experience and deep understanding of job architectures, building out compensation bands, analyzing salary data and weighing internal equities (using tools such as Mercer, Payscale, Radford and similar). As a unique global organization that supports staff in more than 35 countries (and growing), this role will require proficiency with compensation in both the non-profit and technology sectors on a global scale.
You are responsible for:
- Performing job analysis and benchmarking positions to the market, including salaried, hourly, and executive positions. Producing benchmark pay recommendations
- Participating in external compensation surveys
- Assisting and collaborating in the planning, coordination, facilitation, administration, and reporting of the annual salary review program for all employees
- Working with T&C Leadership to execute a clear and comprehensive communication plan for all compensation activities
- Collaborating closely with HR Business Partners and leadership by providing guidance, education and coaching on compensation processes, guidelines, job descriptions, position evaluation and regulatory issues and compliance
- Developing and maintaining standardized job descriptions and job families, determining appropriate exemption status under FLSA guidelines.
- Accurately recording information and assigning codings to create new job codes
- Partnering with HRIS to improve effectiveness of compensation administration and analysis. Ensuring data integrity and accurate and timely use of information for management review
- Partnering cross-functionally with other T&C functions on initiatives and performing other job-related duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of progressive compensation experience for an international organization
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in HR or related field
- Proven track record to partner cross-functionally and build consensus within a team
- Broad overall HR background, including experience in as many HR subject areas as possible (the more the merrier)
- Proven track record of handling confidential/sensitive information with grace and care
Qualities that are important to us:
- Strong experience supporting a global organization with significant and varied international presence and experience translating compensation issues across different experience levels and regions
- Clear understanding of compensation dynamics in emerging markets as well as the US and other more highly-documented labor markets
- Comfortable with translating technical compensation concepts to a general audience
- An analytical mind with amazing attention to detail, and maturity to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and along side a highly collaborative team, including being adaptable to work with a variety of personalities and backgrounds
- Ability to work effectively in a highly distributed, global organization
- Ability to balance working in a transparent and highly collaborative environment while maintaining the confidentiality of being in HR
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- A sense of humor!
The Wikimedia Foundation is…
…the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Wikimedia Medium Term Plan
Diversity and inclusion information for Wikimedia workers, by the numbers
Annual Report – 2017
This is Wikimedia Foundation