At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene and interact face-to-face online.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
This is an exciting high impact opportunity to counsel and guide Hopin globally across the full range of labor and employment laws and issues. Your work will help Hopin ensure a great employee experience and support our goal of being a remote-first company. We have over 250 employees in close to 40 countries so you’ll join a diverse group of professionals who are passionate, creative and focused on making an impact. You can expect interesting and challenging assignments and a collegial work environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly adaptable and collaborative team player to join a fast-growing company. As one of the first members of our legal team, we are looking for a self-starting problem-solver who can work collaboratively and autonomously and roll up their sleeves when necessary to get the job done. Priorities and responsibilities for the role may shift given the fluidness of the business and how quickly we are growing. We need team players that want to do something special and help shape the direction of the legal team.
- Provide proactive risk counseling to global stakeholders on all issues concerning the employment relationship, including hiring and termination, employee relations, wage and hour, performance management, compensation and benefits, leaves of absence, disability, and internal investigations
- Serve as a trusted advisor to PeopleOps and key business stakeholders in all areas of employment law globally
- Provide training to the Company’s People Services team and/or managers on labor and employment legal issues globally.
- Partner with PeopleOps on internal investigations into employee relations matters
- Develop and implement global templates, policies and procedures, and create customized trainings in various labor and employment matters
- Manage potential and active employment and commercial litigation, including participating in fact-development, assisting with discovery issues, managing outside counsel, and developing strategy
- Work with other key stakeholders on a variety of legal processes as needed
What you bring:
- JD degree and a member in good standing of the local bar association
- 7-10 years combined full-time experience in global labor and employment laws and general litigation with a top-tier law firm and in-house environment
- Excellent judgment and communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and able to organize, prioritize and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment
- Thrives in an environment where you need to roll up your sleeves and own outcomes.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor
- Ability to learn quickly and take on challenging new projects with enthusiasm
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.