Remote – USA
The Global Head of Tax is responsible for managing HubSpot’s worldwide tax function. This role will continuously interact with Finance, Legal, Sales, FinTech (IT), and other departments across the company to ensure that HubSpot is compliant and forward thinking with regards to all aspects of Corporate tax. The Global Head of Tax will report to the SVP of Finance and will manage a team of 10 people, including 4 direct reports covering the Direct, Indirect, Tax Research & Planning, and Systems & Automation disciplines.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Manage the completion of U.S. federal, state tax, and international tax returns
- Oversee the Company’s accounting for income taxes under ASC 740 for reporting in the Company’s Forms 10-Q and 10-K, which includes managing our external auditors and advisors.
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are documented and executed to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Manage intercompany agreements, including the Company’s transfer pricing policies and ensuring accurate calculation and recording of intercompany entries
- Maintain a 5 year worldwide tax plan to ensure HubSpot is set-up to be as tax efficient as possible
- Manage the ever-changing U.S. state and local sales tax, and international VAT & GST laws and regulations (including emerging e-Invoicing requirements) around SaaS products and ensure that HubSpot maintains compliance in all domestic and international jurisdictions
- Oversee the monthly sales tax, VAT, and GST processes with third party vendors
- Liaise with the business to address any tax concerns relevant to new business initiatives or process changes
- Ensure compliance with various domestic and international tax regulations in regards to opening offices in new jurisdictions and M&A, as well as supporting employee remote work and global mobility matters
- Develop a roadmap to scale our systems and processes for efficient growth and drive progress
- Mentor, train and develop tax team members
- Develop and maintain roadmap for tax department structure and hiring as HubSpot continues to grow
- Manage governmental audits as they occur
We’re looking for someone who:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA required
- Master’s degree in Taxation preferred but not required
- 15-20 years of tax experience in the technology or life-sciences industry with at least 5 years in public accounting (SaaS industry experience preferred but not required)
- Owned the direct tax function for several years at a multinational publicly traded company
- Strong understanding of US GAAP (ASC 740) and demonstrated ability to teach technical accounting concepts to team members and other finance professionals
- Strong understanding of key principles of the TCJA (e.g. GILTI, BEAT, FDII) and how they impact a technology company
- Strong understanding of worldwide indirect tax regulations as they pertain to a SaaS company
- Experience managing public company quarterly SEC reporting requirements
- Experience with GL systems (Netsuite preferred but not required
Cash compensation range: 215400-344600 USD Annually
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.