HubSpot is a rapidly growing publicly traded technology company that has organically grown revenue from just under $100 million at the time of our IPO in 2014 to close to $1.3 billion in 2021.
With top-line revenue growth and an increase in the absolute dollar value of expenditures expected for years to come, we are looking to hire a Global Travel and Expense Lead to assist our new Procure to Pay team in building out a global Travel and Expense strategy and function that will scale with the growth of the Company.
Key responsibilities will include helping with implementation of new technology solutions to support the Travel and Expense (T&E) team, building out policies, processes, and procedures to scale the T&E function, and ensuring seamless end user experience. One of the biggest keys to success is the need to balance HubSpot’s culture and enabling HubSpotters to independently book travel and submit expenses, with the desire to set up processes/guardrails and centralize aspects of the function to drive efficiencies and operational excellence.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Assist with building a T&E strategy and function at HubSpot by overhauling the existing T&E process and implementing top of the line tools, creating a frictionless user experience; careful balance of policy and procedures with HubSpot’s culture is a must
- Assist with building and leading the Global T&E team
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors of direct travel, such as car rentals, hotels, and airlines
- Negotiate preferred rates with vendors of direct travel
- Assist with any travel-related issues that may arise
- Research travel deals and evaluating prices and services
- Be the global subject matter expert for the T&E program, managing reporting analysis, audit compliance and processing month end close expense data for Accounting
- Build, develop and improve operations, processes and procedures in corporate card and T&E processing to support strategic direction
- Implement a global corporate credit card program
- Complete analysis and reconciliation of corporate credit card accounts (T&E, P-Card)
- Create and develop key operational/performance metrics and reporting for FP&A and Senior Executive team members
- Lead financial oversight of our T&E spending by creating and developing key strategic reports
- Manage and monitor KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) for tracking performance of T&E operations
- Manage strong internal control environment and ensure compliance to key SOX controls
- Oversee out of pocket spend and drive compliance to our corporate Credit Card policy
- Manage and fulfill audit requests, both by the Internal Audit Team and outside audit firms
- Perform reviews of expense reports and provide approvals or rejections in expense tool
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, T&E policies and procedures for the E2E T&E process
- Partner with business leaders across the company to deliver best in class T&E services
We’re looking for people who have:
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Four or more years of Travel and Expense experience in the software industry, preferably with a multi-national high growth company with $1B+ of revenue
- Self-motivated, self-starter, committed, and ability to manage existing and new tasks and responsibilities to achieve departmental objectives
- Computer literate, experience with Travel and Expense systems (Coupa Expense, Egencia, Concur, Nexonia etc)
- Experience in administering Travel and Expense systems
- Ability to evaluate processes and recommend and implement more efficient practices and procedures
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines, work within a team environment and company culture
- Experience in developing and implementing T&E-related policies and procedures
- Experience is developing and maintaining a global credit card program
- Strong analytical skills and background
- Process improvement mindset with a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Cash compensation range: 83000-117000 USD Annually
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.