As a Go-To-Market Strategy Analyst, you are a member of a fast-growing, global team of data-driven influencers known as GTM Strategy. Together, we build and execute a unified strategy across Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to improve the customer experience and grow HubSpot at scale. This analyst would be focused on the products and systems that fuel the HubSpot go-to-market (GTM) employees: HubSpot marketers, sales reps, and customer success reps. You will report directly to the Director of GTM Systems Strategy and have broad cross-functional exposure to both product and business teams.
In this role, you work directly with Product Managers and Ops teams to understand the business strategy, discover what is going well for our users, where we can improve, and ultimately build better product solutions for our HubSpot GTM employees.
You will be the data expert, responsible for building robust data models to define and report on key success metrics for the product teams, answer complex business questions using data, and identify strategic opportunities to accelerate GTM efficiency through product and system innovations.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Partner with product management to understand the team’s data and business needs
- Become an expert in translating your team’s needs into specific analysis that yields actionable insights
- Define key success metrics to reliably measure the impact of product improvements and innovations. Provide the dashboards, visualizations and analyses to help them stay on top of key user behaviors and outcomes
- Conduct deep-dive analysis of GTM rep behaviors and performance to uncover opportunities to improve the experience and efficiency of GTM employees; this analysis will inform product decisions, experiments, and longer-term product strategy
- Communicate findings and data insights directly to product management and business partners and recommend a data-driven decision
- Inform the design – and analyze the outcomes – of product tests and experiments
- Build out scalable data models to structure data and analyze key parts of the HubSpot business; coordinate with cross-functional partners, such as Business Intelligence, Product, Marketing Ops, Sales Ops, and Customer Success Ops, to ensure that data is accessible and metrics are well-defined
- Partner with engineering and other internal operations teams to enable high level of data integrity, consistency and clarity across cross multiple internal databases and reporting systems
- Be a voice within your teams to educate, elevate and advocate for the continual value of leveraging analytics to inform decision-making
From our Product and Engineering Blog: How HubSpot’s product analysts transform the customer experience
- Have 1-3 years of professional experience as an analytics or data professional with a proven track record of success in influencing decision making with data
- Experience working with large datasets and data warehouses; particularly data mining, manipulation, modelling, and exploration
- Ability to write complex SQL queries that combine multiple sources of data
- Ability to understand complex business problems and questions, and craft relevant and accurate analyses to answer these questions
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and collaboration skills
Above and Beyond Qualifications:
- Experience presenting analyses to key stakeholders at different organizational levels
- Knowledge of web-based analysis and reporting tools such as Looker — or demonstrated ability to get up to speed
- Passion for building products that delight users and drive their success
- Experience working at, or strong understanding of, a SaaS business.
- Experience with data analytics and statistical tools such as R, Python or others
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.