Gradle Enterprise is a first-of-its-kind product that software teams use to accelerate and optimize Gradle and Apache Maven™ builds. It comprises several facets including large volume data ingestion and processing, complex data analysis and visualization, and distributed caching and execution systems.
Our software is used by some of the world’s leading software organizations, such as Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify, Twitter, and Atlassian. We regularly collaborate with these and other users to make our products continuously better.
We are looking for back-end engineers with a demonstrated ability to efficiently deliver and maintain robust and useful software based solutions, as part of a collaborative team.
- 5 years of software development experience
- Experience programming in Java 8 or later
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Working proficiency and communication skills in written and verbal English
- Experience developing large-scale web applications
- Experience with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience automating the software build and delivery process
- Experience developing and maintaining Gradle and/or Maven builds
- Ability to debug, profile, and optimize code
- Ability to perform and receive code reviews
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills
- Interest and ability to learn new software development skills and techniques
Our ideal candidate has a success record of delivering testable, evolvable, and scalable back-end architectures to production. While not necessarily build experts, they do exhibit a deep understanding and interest in the automation domain and in developer productivity. They thrive on challenging development and integration problems, understand the nuances of performance and memory optimization, possess and can capably articulate strong opinions, and feel comfortable collaborating with a distributed team.
- Designing and implementing robust solutions
- Applying automated quality assurance
- Employing modern software development techniques and practices
- Doing user research, outreach and support
- Assisting clients during trials and in production
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Contributing to changes that improve the team’s velocity and efficiency
- Anywhere in the world with working conditions that allow for seamless collaboration with your colleagues through email, chat, and video streaming
While our team works remotely and is spread across the globe, we deeply value daily interactions and collaboration.
How to apply
The following is required with your application:
- Submit your cover letter, your resume, and a build scan link via the form below
- Explain in your cover letter why you want to work on the Gradle Enterprise product
- Create a build scan for any OSS project and tag it with back-end-engineer
Visit our careers page to learn more about the company and see other open positions.