I am looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our Marketing Team. This role will be responsible for driving marketing initiatives designed to support storytelling, content creation, and training for our expanding suite of solutions to better enable our go-to-market efforts.
You will use your deep insights on the ideal customer profile, the competitive landscape, and the key market trends to flex our core messaging for our different audiences and help position Customer.io as a market leader in the Customer Engagement Platform category to the different verticals we target. You will collaborate closely with sales, CX and marketing teams to develop and execute marketing investments that help our customer-facing teams explain why our products as the best solutions in the market.
As Product Marketing Manager focused on GTM at Customer.io, you will…
Some things you’ll do
- Develop flexed versions of our core product messaging and positioning so our storytelling resonates with the various audience segments our GTM teams target
- Create and maintain marketing collateral (including product one-pagers, pitch decks, FAQs, etc) that align with our core messaging
- Develop and execute GTM enablement plans for product launches, including customized training materials for individual teams, launch-specific marketing collateral, rep certification programs, etc.
- Own the strategy development and execution of our customer advocacy program, which includes review generation on 3rd party website, written case studies, video case studies, and a customer quote library
- Build and manage competitive intelligence assets to support sales opportunities where alternative solutions are being considered
- Partner with Sales and CX leaders to create and execute product marketing strategies that drive customer conversion and retention
- Partner with product management to influence product roadmaps and prioritize feature development based on real-time feedback from our GTM teams
- 1-4 years of experience with product marketing and customer marketing experience with B2B software, with a proven track record of supporting fast-moving GTM teams
- 3+ years of experience working in fast-growing start-up environments where a growth mindset, adaptability, and a drive for continuous improvement are valued
What we’re looking for
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both leadership-level discussions and tactical execution
- Strong project management abilities with demonstrated success orchestrating cross-functional teams against company-wide initiatives
- Analytical, creative, and strategic thinker who demonstrates a willingness to take calculated risks
- Effective collaborator with the proven ability to work successfully with cross-functional teams and build relationships with key stakeholders
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,700 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track the performance of emails, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $126,000 USD (or equivalent in local currency) depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we encourage 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and employment verifications as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you’re interested in the position! ****We plan to respond to all applicants with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30-minute video call with a Recruiter
- 45-minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- 60-minute interview with three important Peers/Cross-functional Partners
- 45-minute case study with Hiring Manager
- 30-minute interview with CMO