Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth with zero customer churn, and our $50M Series C from Sequoia has given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code search yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Why this job is exciting
The Handbook Product Manager will be a key member of the People Operations team. We are a small but driven team who takes our mission seriously: we ensure all teammates have the resources, skills, and support that enable them to do their best work and own their growth. We are the team that helps teammates navigate their Sourcegraph journey from candidate experience to new hire onboarding and beyond.
Sourcegraph is an open company, which means we plan in the open, we build our product in the open, and we build our company in the open, using our public teammate handbook as the source of truth for (nearly) everything we do! The handbook is a critical part of our company operations and culture that touches every person, every team, and every aspect of being part of Sourcegraph.
We are growing fast and with so many new faces and many more to come, we’re looking for a dedicated owner of our handbook. You will build the strategy for the future direction and organization of our handbook, help us make it more accessible and inclusive, and help us ensure that it will be just as useful for 200, 500, and 1,000+ teammates as it is for 100 today.
- Be (internal) customer-focused: collect and be responsive to feedback on the handbook from the team.
- Support new teammates in getting value from the handbook, and run trainings on how to use and update the handbook.
- Chart a course for the future of the handbook—including the technology and tools we use to publish it, the organization of content, and the rules of engagement for the team.
- Build and execute project plans to improve the handbook.
- Monitor and drive greater teammate engagement with the handbook.
- Excitement for software development, our values, and our mission to make it so that everyone can code.
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product management (owning an internal or external product, collecting customer feedback, setting goals and strategy, and measuring impact).
- Demonstrated interest in organizing/managing complex systems and data.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in 1-1 settings, group settings, and asynchronous (written) communication.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with using Git for version control management (e.g., GitHub.com, GitLab, Bitbucket, etc.).
- Familiarity with the Markdown markup language
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.