Computers are the most powerful tools to exist in the history of humanity. Today, only a relative few—professional software developers—can use this superpower to its fullest extent. This has created an unbalanced world where there are programmers and those who consume their programs. Replit is changing that dynamic by bringing the next billion software creators online.
The Corporate Controller reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for driving change and transformation while developing a high performing team. This role includes full responsibility for all aspects of the company’s accounting, tax, and treasury functions including corporate accounting and operations, technical accounting policy and standards interpretation, financial systems and controls, and external financial reporting. The Corporate Controller will also oversee tax reporting, compliance, and planning.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Finance Leadership Team and will be an expert leader with a proven track record of building teams and upgrading processes in a high growth startup environment. They will have experience working in a dynamic environment that requires the ability to move the function forward while also delivering its day-to-day commitments.
If you are passionate about process excellence, data-driven operations, customer experience, innovation and continuous improvement, and thrive on seeing the impact of your work on a daily basis, this is the perfect role for you.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the oversight, development and implementation of accounting, tax, treasury, and controllership policies and controls.
- Drive continued transformation of the broader finance organization to supply better decision-making data.
- Provide key thought and executional leadership in support of core business initiatives.
- Develop processes and people while implementing technology in support of creating a scalable organization.
- Deliver monthly and quarterly financial reporting and coordinate the timely and accurate completion of required filings.
- Present key accounting issues and topics to the Audit Committee, CEO, President and Senior Leadership Team.
- Develop, recruit, mentor and strengthen a world class accounting, tax and treasury team.
- Lead and manage all aspects of the relationship with external auditors.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years with a mix of Big 4 and industry experience in a prior Controller or Head of Accounting role
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, math or accounting; MBA a plus; CPA required
- Experience building and leading a world-class accounting team and infrastructure in a dynamic environment
- Experience launching ERP systems and driving change management
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP and IFRS, current trends and developments. Industry and international experience highly valued
- Excellent communicator and educator, able to translate technical rules and concepts into clear actionable information
- A bold visionary with the ability to design and implement critical initiatives
- Self directed, highly organized and motivated, and with a strong bias for action and impact
Full Time Employee Benefits Include:
-Remote-First and Autonomous Working Environment
-Flexible Work Hours
-Competitive Salary & Equity
-Home Office Set-Up Stipend
-Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
-Short Term and Long Term Disability
-Monthly Health & Wellness Stipend
-Expensed Lunch/Grocery Stipend
-Parental and Baby Bonding Leave
-Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required)+ Holidays