Building and running the infrastructure that allows people to be employed anywhere in the World is operationally complex – the whole reason Omnipresent exists. With so many companies transitioning to remote work, what we offer is more relevant than ever, and we are growing fast!
You’ll build and lead the business improvement team as we grow, identifying and improving fundamental processes internally and externally and enhancing the way technology is leveraged in order to expedite work and deliver superior customer outcomes. In extensive internal cooperation you will leverage external experience, team perspectives, and best practice thinking to continually improve our service delivery model.
You will work collaboratively with Operations and across adjacent departments (Finance, Legal, Product, Engineering, Sales, etc.) to diagnose the as-is operating model and push the work towards a target design. Always putting customer value first! As part of this work you will maintain regular reporting on project progress and status, and demonstrate the value added through these projects. Work will be conducted alongside team members within Operations to apply new methods, processes, technologies to solve problems (value for customers, effectiveness internally, error proofing, etc.).
This will include working along the full project lifecycle, from identifying the business issue to be addressed – the improvement opportunity to be delivered – , developing and implementing the solution with the appropriate technology, building and getting approval for the business case for change through to successful implementation and benefit realisation.
You have a track record of leading and building world class teams that have consistently outperformed in terms of improvement and project objectives. Specifically, you have demonstrated success in constantly delivering business value through analytics, business insight, project management, change initiatives and transformation. You’re experienced from a business consulting environment focused on analysis, project management skills and a desire to get things done.
You are an ambitious, broad-based, structured, organised business professional with a consultative mindset and experience leading project teams in a service and tech environment. You understand what it means to work in a fast moving environment and have experience from working with globally distributed resources in rapidly crafting new business value.
You will lead our business improvement analysts and in collaboration with other parts of Operations strive to improve our ways of working which subsequently ensures great customer experiences and maximum value for Omnipresent.
You would describe yourself as an innovative, creative and dynamic individual who is not afraid to challenge the status quo, a critical thinker and responsible leader with high ethical and personal standards.
Remote work is one of the great equalisers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live.
Yet, at a time when remote work is exploding, most companies are finding it too complex, costly and time consuming to employ workers internationally. At Omnipresent, we’re centralising this complexity and providing our clients, and their remote workers, with a simplified, cost effective and legally compliant employment experience. With a network of legal entities across the world, coupled with an automation-focused tech platform, we’re building the premier global employment-as-a-service offering on the market.
You will provide end-to-end leadership and direction for our business improvement team across the world and ensure continued evolution and heightened business performance. You will collaborate with senior leadership, heads of departments, in setting, supporting and occasionally driving their organisational vision designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of Omnipresent.
- Oversee continued development of our many project initiatives and their professional execution
- Leads Operation’s innovation agenda and leverages customer insight and internal perspectives to shape and improve systems, processes, ways of working, etc.
- Interface collaboratively with important stakeholders throughout the business.
- Own the improvement agenda for Operations and also support other department heads with project initiatives
- Actively participate in training and knowledge transfer so that your approaches for problem-solving and project management are extended throughout the Operations team
- Develop and iterate on touchpoints, processes, templates, documentation, system setups, etc.
- Simplify and automate complex operational processes together with operations, finance, sales, product, and tech teams.
- Implement metrics and aid Operations with measurements, analysis and perspectives on how to enhance performance and extend capability
- Identification of best practices and active sharing of lessons learned; drives quality assurance related reviews and root cause analysis sessions
You are the sort of person that…
- Has built and led highly effective improvement, project, transformation teams before and managed multi-stakeholder situations.
- Is able to build, lead, develop the business improvement team in a fully distributed manner across the globe, in different time zones and ensure high standards and high value impact.
- Is an inspirational, action-oriented, experienced leader with dynamic people skills.
- Proven people management and leadership skills: you know how to build, coach, mentor, and grow a team of world-class team members.
- Successfully manages project priorities for the team to ensure proper focus and activities align with overall operations and corporate priorities; understands tradeoffs and the need to reassess priorities in relation to circumstances
- Leads autonomously while also ensuring strong collaboration with other areas of the business.
- Has the ability to turn complex matters into creative, customer oriented solutions. High capability to apply analytical/critical thinking to troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Has excellent consultant, project management abilities and the capacity to develop and utilise analytics to identify trends. Drives and manages change initiatives.
- Strong business, commercial and finance acumen and with a clear understanding of operational excellence. Process thinker and passion for continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex projects simply and effectively to a broad set of stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong influencing skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders in all areas and at all levels within the company
- Implements frameworks to monitor and report on quality of delivery, including SLAs, KPIs and dashboards. Naturally inclined to measure in order to understand and evaluate performance.
- Self-driven problem solver, with the ability to work towards achieving overarching goals with minimal direction. Comfortable taking the initiative, dealing with significant work volume and complexity, you have an inclination to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Passion for working in and managing a fast-paced changing environment with ability to drive clarity and solutions.
- Fosters a company-wide culture of improvement and business success.
What’s in it for you (apart from the most fun and challenging ride of your life!)
- Executive exposure and progression: We are growing rapidly and this is a leadership role that will progress as we scale. As Head of Business Improvement you will also act as the Deputy for Head of Global Operations and interact with senior leaders within other departments.
- Shared ownership: Being a part of our journey means you will own a piece of Omnipresent.
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays.
- Equipment and infrastructure: We give you a budget for the equipment you need to work effectively wherever you are – we want you to be both productive and comfortable.
- Company retreats: We are planning biannual company-wide retreats with the next one already being organised for September this year (COVID permitting), and well as socials and other team building activities.
- Flexible working: Work from anywhere in the world. We don’t care where or when you work as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as work allows.
We believe remote working is a great equaliser and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.