Building and running the infrastructure that allows people to be employed anywhere in the World is operationally complex – the whole reason Omnipresent exists. With so many companies transitioning to remote work, what we offer is more relevant than ever, and we are growing fast!
You will lead the team and mastermind the business-side IT services strategy to support our business systems and internally facing applications, ensuring service resilience, business continuity and information security, and allowing our internal teams to meet our business objectives as we deliver market-leading service delivery to customers worldwide. You’ll build and lead the Business IT Services team as we grow, identifying and improving fundamental processes internally and externally and enhancing the way technology is leveraged in order to expedite work and deliver superior customer outcomes. In extensive internal cooperation you will leverage external experience, team perspectives, and best practice thinking to continually improve our service delivery model and our internal support mechanisms.
You will work collaboratively with Operations and across adjacent departments (Finance, Legal, Product, Engineering, Sales, etc.) to build out our capabilities for IT security, data protection, privacy, automation, master data management, procurement, support and service desk. In leading, you will improve team performance and put in place mechanisms to improve redundancies and create the required structures to provide business continuity for critical functions and applications. Work will also include vendor selection and management, data migration activities and system implementation.
In addition to the above, you will be involved in strategy and tactical planning, and evaluation of the information and technology systems that allow Operations, Finance, etc. to run smoothly. We expect you to act as a partner to the business units in setting and achieving strategic objectives, being a sounding board to the Operations team and help uphold internal policy compliance and adherence to external regulation as applicable.
You have a track record of leading and building world class teams that have consistently outperformed in the field of IT services. Specifically, you have demonstrated success in constantly delivering business value through IT services where you balance security requirements, technical feasibility with business pragmatism and fantastic service delivery.
Remote work is one of the great equalisers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live.
Yet, at a time when remote work is exploding, most companies are finding it too complex, costly and time consuming to employ workers internationally. At Omnipresent, we’re cutting this complexity and providing our clients, and their remote workers, with a simplified, cost effective and legally compliant employment experience. With a network of legal entities across the world, coupled with an automation-focused tech platform, we’re building the premier global employment-as-a-service offering on the market.
Our company is growing quickly. Well-oiled, effective, automated, secure Business IT Services and robust technology frameworks are essential in order to provide customers with exceptional value, a secure & modern environment, and a first class service experience. At the same time, increased efficiency will allow the business to scale and run with greater velocity. You will lead our IT services professionals and in collaboration with other parts of Operations strive to improve our ways of working which subsequently ensures great customer experiences and maximum value for Omnipresent. You will help us take our current processes, operational framework, and IT practices to the next level and the one beyond, introducing and managing best practices in the following fields:
- Aligns Business IT Services with and enables the company high growth strategy
- Collaborates with management to prioritise regarding resources to support business functions
- Champions Business IT Services roadmap, solutions, and services to support business objectives
- Lead certification initiatives related to information security & data protection
- Implements security strategies; safeguards data integrity, data accessibility, availability and accuracy
- Responsible for incident management and quality assurance regarding Business IT Services
- IT architecture design, master data strategy and governance concerning externally sourced applications and software; buy vs. build considerations
- Workflow and intelligent automation including process redesign
- Own and govern IT procurement including spend and user analysis and sourcing strategies
- Manage consultants and negotiate with external parties relevant to the area (vendors, suppliers, support functions, etc.)
- Internal support & help desk, updates, service delivery, etc.
You are the sort of person that…
- Has built and led highly effective Business IT Services teams before and managed multi-stakeholder situations.
- Is able to build, lead, develop teams in a fully distributed manner across the globe, in different time zones and ensure high standards and high value impact; proven people management and leadership skills: you know how to build, coach, mentor, and grow a team of world-class team members.
- Is an ambitious, broad-based, structured, organised business professional with a consultative mindset and experience leading teams in a service and tech environment.
- Understands what it means to work in a fast moving environment. Ideally you’ll be able to draw on your own experience of the transition from a self-contained technology start-up to a larger, corporate environment.
- Would describe yourself as an experienced senior IT leader and an innovative, creative and dynamic professional who is not afraid to challenge the status quo, a critical thinker and responsible leader with high ethical and personal standards.
- Has an interest in innovative technologies and practical experience from applying these to both business processes and IT scenarios.
- Experience that covers systems, tools, processes, business and leadership.
- Has an analytical ability, a structured approach, a practical and problem solving mindset that you couple with initiative and drive.
What’s in it for you (apart from the most fun and challenging ride of your life!)
- Executive exposure and progression: We are growing rapidly and this is a leadership role that will progress as we scale. As Head of Business Improvement you will also act as the Deputy for Head of Global Operations and interact with senior leaders within other departments.
- Shared ownership: Being a part of our journey means you will own a piece of Omnipresent.
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays.
- Equipment and infrastructure: We give you a budget for the equipment you need to work effectively wherever you are – we want you to be both productive and comfortable.
- Company retreats: We are planning biannual company-wide retreats with the next one already being organised for September this year (COVID permitting), and well as socials and other team building activities.
- Flexible working: Work from anywhere in the world. We don’t care where or when you work as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as work allows.
We believe remote working is a great equaliser and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.