Articulate is looking for an exceptional storyteller to join its growing marketing team as the Head of Corporate Communications, reporting to the CMO.
As the Head of Corporate Communications, you’ll craft and execute an external communications strategy that delivers compelling stories, builds brand awareness, and extends our leadership in offering the world’s best creator platform for online workplace training and building a human-centered organization. You will also manage and shape the brands of our CEO and executive team across multiple channels, including media and speaking engagements.
You’ll also own our internal communications, telling the story of our human-centered framework, plans for growth, and future goals to captivate our team and build our exceptional culture.
You’ll ensure we’re telling Articulate stories in a clear, compelling, and inspiring way for both internal and external audiences. And you’ll develop strategic and creative ideas and plans for how and where to tell these stories to drive desired business outcomes.
As the Head of Communications, you’ll cultivate a deep understanding of our customers, our brand values, and our products. You’ll manage our public relations, analyst relations, executive speaking events, and industry events and ensure all efforts are aligned with our brand and product communications strategies.
What you’ll do:
- Define and execute the corporate narrative, ensuring consistent brand and company messaging with internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee and drive all company and industry communications
- Be our master storyteller, crafting stories that break through the noise and captivate media, analyst, and customer audiences
- See the future of the Articulate brand and chart a plan to build brand awareness, reputation, and industry position
- Manage external PR partners/firm(s) by providing compelling insights, pitch angles, and clear goals that align with business needs while also building relationships with media personally
- Drive campaigns that earn positive media coverage and features in desirable platforms
- Build Articulate’s crisis communications strategy, keeping the plan up to date, and collaborating with internal stakeholders as needed
- Elevate the voice of the CEO and other executive team members as thought leaders and experts in their fields through media interviews, speaking opportunities, and social media engagement
- Collaborate with other marketing teams to synchronize messaging and positioning strategies across all internal and external channels, communities, and conversations
- Identify communications strategies and opportunities to evangelize our human-centered organization framework
- Develop deep understanding of our target audiences, as well as our products and brand
- Own and drive media and analyst relations as well as Articulate’s culture blog
- Own brand messaging in our owned online channels
- Manage a team of public relations and events pros who execute exceptional PR strategies and internal and external events that build our brand, community, and culture
- Own strategy and execution of our “Rise Up” corporate giving program
- Own strategy and execution of building Articulate’s employer brand to help drive hiring
- Own strategy and execution of raising visibility of Articulate’s engineering prowess to help drive engineering hiring
What you should have:
- 15+ years of experience in public relations and corporate communications
- 3+ years in a senior communications role at a public company
- Proven ability to connect business goals to an actionable corporate communications strategy that helps drive the company’s objectives
- Passion and outstanding ability to tell engaging, compelling stories for any medium, with exceptional writing and editing ability
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex concepts into simple communications that capture audience attention and buy-in
- Proven track record of developing effective communications strategies and implementing them across media channels, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Proven experience with crisis communications and corporate communications
- In-depth understanding of best practices for driving communications through traditional and digital media channels
- Experience managing a PR team and driving high-level placements
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with consistent demonstration of respect for others at all levels of the organization
- Proven management ability, with focus on empowering teams that feel supported, heard, and execute exceptionally well
- Attention to detail and exceptional execution
- A thoughtful, trustworthy, doer
- You have read and are in complete alignment with our human-centered organization framework
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002 and led by CEO Lucy Suros, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius. And Rise—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 106,000 customers in 161 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2020 and a leader in building a human-centered organization, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here.
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.