FluentStream is a unified communications as-a-service (UCaaS) company that simplifies and automates how businesses communicate with customers. Thousands of businesses across the country have replaced their legacy phone system with FluentStream’s modern, cloud-based communications platform. Our apps enable support, sales and other professionals to deliver an exceptional customer experience from any device or location. Our 80+ remote employees share a passion for teamwork, fast-paced challenges, flexibility and inclusion. We are proud to be consecutively recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies, and by BuiltIn as one of best companies to work for in the U.S.
As the Head of Corporate Development you will report to the CEO as a member of the leadership team. This role will have ownership of FluentStream’s Corporate Development function, which is responsible for driving the majority of the Company’s revenue growth by executing tuck-in acquisitions. This is a unique opportunity to lead a programmatic M&A program for a highly-acquisitive and private-equity backed SaaS company that has a track record of successful acquisitions.
You will lead the Company’s efforts sourcing, evaluating, modeling, structuring, negotiating and diligencing acquisitions. As a close partner to FluentStream’s Integration and Finance functions, you will help ensure each acquisition is well-prepared for a successful integration. You will also work closely with investors, bankers, lawyers and other existing or prospective strategic stakeholders.
- Evaluate target companies for financial, operational and strategic fit and the impact of the potential transaction on the Company and its growth strategy.
- Draft, evaluate and summarize confidential information, term sheets, definitive transaction agreements, financial statements, and other related materials.
- Develop and present acquisition materials to investors, lenders or the board of directors
- Drive sound, data-driven decisions that are in the company’s best interest, including arguing against bad deals, and to always keep focus on the end goal.
- Manage each deal as a critical project to ensure the timely completion of valuations, diligence and integration planning.
- Ensure that business and economic standards are being achieved; certifying deal return on investment, advising leadership on deal financial risks and return, making final financial recommendations in a clear and confident manner and once approved, flawlessly executing the transactions.
- Continuously execute and improve our sourcing and acquisition programs, including processes and artifacts (e.g. pipeline, presentations, models, form agreements, etc.)
- Conduct industry research, competitive landscapes and other similar corporate strategy projects.
- Travel to visit prospective acquisitions and attend conferences to drive new leads (approximately 15 to 30 days per year)
- 5+ years experience in corporate development, private equity and/or investment banking
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and execute acquisitions
- Organized, self-motivator that is passionate about what they do
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient spreadsheet and presentation skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical and financial modeling skills
- Highly efficient in an unstructured, fast-paced and team oriented environment
- Comfortable managing deals or opportunities simultaneously
- Experience with SaaS or UCaaS companies highly desired
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k plan
- Remote work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Participate in ownership of the company
- Professional development reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO and Volunteer time off
- Competitive paid parental leave
- Pet Insurance
- Optional team gatherings, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
Compensation: $200,000 to $300,000 annual cash compensation plus equity
Location: This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the United States. You must be eligible to work in the United States.
At FluentStream, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they qualify for a medical or religious exemption. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.