Reporting to the COO, you will develop marketing programs that include; thought leadership, content marketing, community building, nurture campaigns, paid acquisition, co-marketing and funnel optimization. In other words, you will be responsible for the customer journey from discovery to smiles.
This is our language, and possible example Marketing Outcomes to define success for this role:
- Reach 50%+ of the Serviceable, Obtainable Market (SOM) that fits our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) through effective Account-Based Marketing
- Drive brand awareness to get our company on stage at “XYZ” event (without paying)
- Obtain a mention in the Gartner Magic Quadrant/Forrester Wave for ABC Category
- Get the Marketing part of Customer Acquisition Cost below $2,500
- Create and implement a holistic marketing plan with OKRs within 90 days of start-date
- Get 1.5x people to attend our annual user- and partner conference in 2020 (vs. 2019)
- # of “Meetings Happened” by BDRs/SDRs, driven by Marketing Leads, are up 50% YOY
- New Website with new branding and positioning life within 9 months after the start date
- Hire 3 new Marketing Team Members who achieve their OKRs in the first year
- Create and launch a Channel Marketing Program with at least 50 Certified Partners
- Improve Organic Search Marketing to drive 50%+ of leads generated (vs. Paid)
- Reduce Customer Churn in Year 1 of service by 10% using onboarding nurture
- Improve conversions from Subscribers to our content, to MQLs from 5% to 8%
- Grow ARPU (Average Revenue per Unit, i.e. Users or Customers) from $50k to $60k through upselling campaigns and account expansion campaigns.
Requisites & Duties:
- 3+ years leading marketing in a software startup environment
- ABM a massive PLUS.
- At least 2 years of your management experience in a B2B enterprise solutions /
software company targeting C-level executives
- Demonstrated ability to develop impactful, fact-based, value propositions. Has
ability to “see the wood from the trees” in pinpointing customer pain points and turning them into differentiated messaging and content.
- Ability to quickly assess and understand customer buyer journey to improve results, and synthesize into meaningful, quantifiable, differentiated business improvements and messaging.
- Ability to analyze information collected from win/loss interviews and pipeline behavior (conversion rates and velocity) to detect breakdowns in the marketing and sales process, and propose actions.
- Strong writing, analytical and presentation skills. Ability to understand complex processes and technologies, and translate into simple concepts (written, graphical, architectural, and verbal).
- Proven ability to drive creation of campaign content and assets (whitepapers, infographics, videos, etc.) to support demand generation campaigns.
- Experience in designing, building, and optimizing websites, social pages, SEO/SEM campaigns;
- Superior communication skills – ability to prioritize and efficiently and transparently communicate marketing goals and results at a team, executive, and company level;
- A demonstrated history of being a hands-on manager, ready to jump in and get your hands dirty as needed;
- Experience partnering closely with sales leadership and an understanding of the connection between demand generation and revenue growth;
- Strong background in analysis and reporting, skilled in marketing automation and related software and knowledge of market trends in digital marketing technology
Who We Are
Chain.io is a fast growing, remote-first logistics technology software company and has developed an industry leading logistics integration software platform for 3PLs, Freight Forwarders, Shippers and SAAS providers who need to integrate with customers, agents, suppliers and other systems. Once a client is connected to Chain.io’s platform, they have access to pre-built best practice business processes including bookings, shipments, purchase orders, ASNs, status updates, documents, invoices, and more. They also have access to other prebuilt adaptors with our SaaS customers on the platform.
At Chain.io our employees are our number one asset, and we continue to be a tight-knit community where each of us has a critical role in our success. Committed to diversity, at Chain.io we depend on a rich blend of ideas, backgrounds, soft skills and working styles in our quest to change the world for the better. We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Video from Founder & CEO Brian Glick: https://vimeo.com/385263719
Compensation and Benefits Overview
- Our Brand and Culture is more than how we market our products; it’s a way of thinking and a way of being in and out of the office.
- We believe in 4 main principles – Nice, Authentic, Accessible and Professional at all times.
- Our salary will match and or exceed your prior skills, industry knowledge and experience.
- We give our employees a flexible work schedule, where you have the ability to work remotely and set your own work hours.
- WE care about outcomes, more than how many hours you clock.
- A balanced life is important to a healthy work environment.
- PTO overview – you are required to use at least 10 days per year with a soft ceiling of 20 days (very flexible if you need to go over).
- We offer you subsidized Health and Dental insurance as well as 401K.
- Stock options are assigned for all new employees.
- We give you the opportunity to be reimbursed for conferences and professional development.
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. We work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.