The way we communicate as humans is changing dramatically. When Olark was an early innovator in live chat a decade ago, there were few smartphones. Today, everyone in the world communicates via rich text messages, and soon these messages will be even richer – with more interactivity – and will change the way organizations communicate internally and externally. Business processes will change. Marketing conversations will change. Sales conversations will change. We want to democratize the tools and playbooks necessary to give people-centric organizations a leg up in a future full of more lasting human conversations.
We are looking for a strong leader to join us on this journey. For the past 12 years, we have been a remote, profitable company distributed around the globe. We have high trust in our teammates, and offer a significant level of autonomy to everyone in the organization. Our passion and ongoing support for our customers is a direct result of our people centric model.
This is a unique point in our history, as we begin to rethink the messaging product that has led our growth for the past decade. As the Head of Product, you are responsible for outcomes from our product teams. You are responsible for the prioritization, direction, and goals. Your leadership will ensure Olark is balancing current product work with future vision and heavily influence our product culture. This role will report to our CEO and you will be a key member of our management team.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Take ownership and develop long-term strategic outcomes
- Grow revenue driving the business (40K+ customers), in collaboration with Marketing, Sales, Customer Experience, and Engineering
- Demonstrate value in new business opportunities through R&D
- Ensure customer base remains actively engaged with our product
- Advocate strongly for the customer
- For their experience using our current product
- For their experience using new products
- Work across all departments:
- From Marketing, Design, Customer Experience, Sales, and Engineering, you will work team wide to create processes to meet our needs
- Lead our core product team as a PM:
- We are a small company and need you to work directly with product teams to unblock, scope, and bring shared success
- Manage members of the Product-ops team:
- Work closely with teammates to ensure career and skill growth. Conduct effective 1:1s that engage and energize teammates; build high trust teams.
- Make an impact on our key metrics:
- Olark’s product organization is increasingly data driven, and you’ll develop and test hypotheses with Marketing and CX that increase NDR, ACV, and LTV
- Report back insights to the entire team:
- Share what worked, what failed, and the whys behind each
What we expect of you:
- Balance today with “what’s next:” you know how to effectively plan out priorities on a quarterly basis, when to shift priorities, and how to effectively communicate those shifts.
- Inspire creative product solutions: you bring energy to meetings and inspire Olarkers to think bigger, smarter, and more creatively about product decisions.
- Impeccable communication and collaboration skills: you can effectively work across all teams, communicate outcomes clearly (both docs & presentations), and enjoy explaining the whys behind decisions. You engage Olarkers across teams and ensure a sense of teamwork.
- Have an accountability mindset: you value accountability for yourself and your teammates.
- Enjoy taking calculated risks: you can find the wins even in projects and products that don’t come to fruition. You balance risk with opportunity. You aren’t afraid to fail.
- Empathetic: You realize listening is just as important as speaking your mind. You assume good faith of your teammates when there is conflict and are curious about understanding their perspectives.
- Comfortable working remotely: Our entire team is distributed and you’ll communicate through remote tools.
You can expect a lot from us:
- A great remote culture and team: Even though we’re geographically dispersed, our team makes the effort to connect to one another and we provide in person opportunities to further enhance that bond. We genuinely like each other.
- A life outside of work: Olarkers generally work 40 hour weeks. Work is a marathon, not a sprint. We are building a company for the long haul.
- Great compensation and benefits: competitive pay, phone/internet stipend, health benefits, $1K vacation bonus every year, parental leave, 401k, and charitable donation matching.
Olark is committed to diversity in its workforce. Olark is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.