Clay is carefully designed to help you be more thoughtful with people.
Almost everyone intuitively understands the importance (and positive impact) of thoughtfulness towards others—in fact, you’ve probably benefited from someone else’s thoughtfulness recently! However, it’s difficult, effort intensive, and time consuming to be conscientious all the time. We wanted a more streamlined and sustainable approach for thoughtfully keeping in touch with our ever-growing network. And after searching and searching for something better, we built it ourselves.
We believe that Clay is the most stunning, powerful, and beautiful way to remember who you’ve met—and what matters to them. We’re grateful that our mission has resonated with a passionate user base and prominent investors like General Catalyst and Forerunner Ventures, and we are eager to carry it forward. We’d be honored to have you join us.
Clay is a beautiful and private home for all the people and relationships in your life.
After you link your accounts (email, calendar, LinkedIn, Twitter, iMessage, and more), Clay automatically builds a collection of everyone you know, creating a beautiful profile for each relationship. Clay populates photos, bios, education and work history, location, and social profiles automatically from available data, and keeps them updated over time.
Clay then helps you deepen your relationships by allowing you to find anyone with powerfully simple search, take notes from your latest conversation, set reminders for specific dates, see when a contact changes their LinkedIn or Twitter bio, be notified when a contact is mentioned in the news, and much more.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a thoughtful, empathetic, passionate person to run and build out our support and community processes and infrastructure. You’ll help Clay members and prospective Clay members have a wonderful experience with our product and our company, and you’ll also systematize your learnings to increase consistency and replicability. You’ll answer questions about our product, help new users to understand our product and our systems through live onboardings, and triage bug reports and product features in order to help our product team prioritize their vision and time. Eventually, you’ll build a customer success organization that is best in class, while collaborating with product to shape the product by advocating for users’ needs.
In addition to building a support organization, you’ll also proactively manage our community of Clay members by: turning Clay members into ambassadors, creating and tracking metrics for community engagement, hosting online and offline events, establishing and growing weekly/monthly/quarterly community rhythms to keep Clay members excited and informed, partnering with our marketing team to activate partnerships with existing Clay members, and much more.
- 1+ years of experience in a support or community role
- Analytical — with an ability to glean actionable insights from data, yet able to recognize the limits of data and unafraid to use your judgement and trust your instincts
- Naturally organized — you are able to effectively manage multiple work streams that span topics and stakeholders
- Interest in building out systems and processes to standardize workflows
- Able to effortlessly transition between big picture thinking and tactical execution – you’re equally at ease in high level brainstorming sessions as you are at creating a cross functional project execution plan
- Proactive, inquisitive, positive, and collaborative
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and executing against ambitious goals
- A team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude
- Able to quickly get up to speed on new areas and a desire to operate outside of your comfort zone
- Excellent at written and verbal communication
Nice to Haves:
- Passion for well-designed tools, particularly for iOS or in the productivity or SAAS spaces
What you can expect to accomplish in your first 6 months:
- Become intimately familiar with Clay as a product, our internal systems and processes, our roadmap
- Answer inbound questions via email and text
- Lead one-on-one onboardings with dozens of Clay users, tailoring your demos to their specific needs and questions and collecting product feedback to help inform the roadmap
- Triage inbound communication, looping in team members depending on the task. Triage and organize feature requests or feedback, passing them along to engineers and designers
- Evaluate our existing support processes, tools, and systems — and make recommendations to change them based on your experience at (and before) Clay
- Track the right metrics to make sure we are consistent in our support processes
- Create and implement initiatives to engage and grow our community. Some ideas: Community ambassadors, events, contests, collaborations, etc!
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health and wellness benefits to help you stay at your best: 100% covered medical, dental, vision for you + 50% for spouse/dependents; One Medical membership; Kindbody Fertility (dependents included); Talkspace membership; Teladoc Virtual Health
- 8 week paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation: Minimum of 20 days of paid time off to use however you like (vacation, national holidays, etc.)
- Education stipend: You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing
- Company sponsored 401k plan
- $500 work from home allowance to use on building out a workspace
- Best in class software/tools: Superhuman, Linear, Notion, etc.
- We’re a small, yet growing, team that moves fast and ships new products continuously, and you have a huge opportunity to shape Clay (ha!) from systems architecture to how we celebrate team wins. Our culture is defined but it’s not definitive, and we’re looking for smart, hardworking and passionate people to be culture adds at Clay. We offer team building activities on Fridays, and (when safe to travel) all-inclusive team offsites.
- You have the opportunity to work with a team of best-in-class engineers who know how to run across their stack and architect beautiful products
- We champion individual ownership, self-starters, and personal growth on and off the job. We’re a tight knit team that celebrates each other’s wins and improves one another through the losses