We’re looking for good humans who strive to write good code. We have a preference for folks with Ruby on Rails and/or React experience, but if you understand how to write good software, are hungry to learn, and hungry to help, we want to hear from you!
Please email your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll get back to you within a week or so to start our selection process. An actual human reviews every resume and we don’t ghost our candidates. Even if you’re not the right fit right now, we’ll let you know.
Our clients deserve an experience that is reliable, understandable, and delivers results while maximizing investment. Developers deserve security, enrichment, and fulfillment—personally as well as professionally. Every day we’re building towards a development process where everyone wins and we’re looking for like-minded developers and project leaders to join in our mission.
What We Do
We are primarily focused on writing high-quality software to solve our customer’s problems. We support the evolution of existing systems and applications through a variety of DevOps and Tooling Development, with a strong focus on improvement to legacy code bases. We’re consultants who communicate with our clients to manage their expectations and provide judgment and perspective so the end results are healthy, sustainable systems.
Some of our work is structured as independent greenfield projects where we lead the project management, development, feedback, and delivery cycle, working closely with the stakeholder. Other work focuses on high collaboration with client teams, providing them insight and guidance on how they can improve their own existing software systems and be happier for it in the long run.
Our Culture and Values
Our values are foundational to how we run our company. They permeate how we deliver to clients, how we show up for our teammates, and how we lead our business with compassion. They are:
- Kindness: We treat people with compassion and respect.
- Integrity: We do what we know is right, and when we don’t know we’ll tell you.
- Teamwork: We do our best work when we work together.
- Improvement: Continuous improvement applies to everything that we do and everything that we are.
People matter. That’s the core of what we believe and who we are as a team. We’re focused on kindness and integrity to our colleagues, our customers, and our community. We work together as a team and learn with humility and enthusiasm to develop our craft as software developers. Together, we accomplish things that would be impossible alone. We invest in each other through pairing & mentorship both on and off the clock. Our accomplishments are recognized by each other, and when we make mistakes, we learn together.
We Take Equality Seriously
Hint is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Hint Developers work on self-managed teams of 2-4 developers based on client needs. Teams are project-based, so you’ll get to work with new people and tackle new challenges every 6-12 months. The Delivery Lead is responsible for guiding and managing the product development process of a team. It’s an absolutely critical role. You sit at the intersection of code, team, and client helping to boost productivity and quality of our customer’s systems. You’re constantly looking for opportunities to automate monotonous tasks, and are excited about improving the software development lifecycle.
Successful Delivery Leads…
- Understand and value how to write high-quality sustainable code
- Represent healthy judgement and perspective on technical trade-offs and architecture decisions
- Mentor and share knowledge with colleagues
- Actively seek out feedback
- Communicate effectively, efficiently, and with respect
- Break down large, complex problems into small, actionable tasks.
- Proactively build strong relationships with stakeholders and teammates
- Proficient in Ruby and/or at least one additional dynamically typed programming language (JS preferred, others welcome)
- Experience leading a development team
- Experience with consulting into other organizations or influencing and guiding stakeholders in product organizations
- Skilled at process creation and improvement
- Extensive experience working with medium-large Ruby on Rails applications
- Love of testing, performance, and clean code
- When required, have the tenacity and proficiency to read the source code of Rails and other application dependencies to understand how things work
- Proficient in XP/Agile practices
We’d Love For You To Be Developing…
- Ability to administrate a Linux server, Docker experience a bonus
- Experience with or a strong desire to learn about current DevOps tooling (Terraform or CDK, Kubernetes, Ansible, etc.)
- Eagerness for opportunities to make open source contributions (both commits & comments)
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you. Don’t let a bullet point or two stop you!
What Else You’ll Do Besides Write Code
We’re a small shop, so we’re looking for teammates who are excited to build more than a codebase. We’ll help you to balance billable and non-billable work so that you can contribute to our culture while maintaining a sustainable pace. When you’re not developing software, you might participate in our recruiting efforts, engage with the tech community through contributing to our blog, attending meetups, conferences, and other events, or you might have a knack for account management and technical sales support. Continuous improvement is a value of ours so you’ll definitely have a chance to teach and mentor others. Together we can build a great business and a great culture. We’re excited to meet you.
Everyone On The Team Has…
Remote First Culture (We’re 100% distributed)
Equitable, competitive salaries
Quality health insurance
Paid parental leave and flexible paid time off
401k plan, including a 4% employer matching
Professional growth and development time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com