Fracture is on the hunt for an HR Generalist to join our People Operations team! This new role will be an on-site partner to our growing organization (currently 115 EEs), ensuring our employees have the top notch HR support they deserve every day.
At Fracture, our company mission is to help people focus on the moments that matter most. In this role, you’ll take this mission and execute it internally by ensuring that our team members can focus on the tasks that matter most. You’ll own a variety of important components of the department, including payroll, benefits, and paperwork (mostly the paper-less kind), and you’ll also be a trusted partner, professional cheerleader, taskmaster, and general line of support for both our on-site and remote employees. Along with the rest of the People Operations team, we’ll look to you to serve as a change agent to the business by recommending and helping implement changes as we continue to grow.
We believe that every job at Fracture is someone’s dream job. And while HR falls pretty low on most people’s dream job list….it’s on top for our People Operations team. If you’re a positive, people-focused HR professional, get in touch. We’d love to have you join us.
Salary: $45,000-$52,000 (negotiable w/in this range based on experience)
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Supervisory Position: No
What’s the Gig?
- Owns and processes bi-weekly payroll for hourly and salaried employees
- Administers Fracture benefits programs, including health, disability, 401k, PTO, COBRA, and leave of absence (FMLA, USERRA, ADA). Answers benefits questions and resolves benefits issues. Ensures proper processing of new hire benefits enrollment and company benefits termination for departing employees.
- Serves as liaison with Fracture’s benefits brokers and benefit carriers; processes required documents through payroll and with insurance carriers.
- Leads annual benefits open enrollment, including drafting and sending employee notices and coordinating information sessions.
- Processes Workman’s Compensation, Unemployment, and Disability/FMLA claims
- Assists with review of and recommendations for employment terminations; including drafting/reviewing of disciplinary action.
- Helps organize training and development initiatives.
- Assists managers with department-level performance management and employee relations.
- Serves as a backup for on-boarding and off-boarding of team members.
- Ensures assigned areas of responsibility remain in compliance with ever changing government regulations and legal reporting requirements.
- Safeguards, maintains, and ensures confidentiality of sensitive business and employee information.
- Performs other duties as assigned based on the needs of the department, business, and organization and as communicated by management.
What Will You Need to Be Successful?
- 2+ years experience independently administering payroll for a mid-sized organization with a mix of hourly and salaried employees.
- 2+ years experience as the primary administrator of employee benefits and leaves for a mid-sized organization, including serving as the primary contact with benefits brokers and carriers.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience in the administration of employment-related laws, regulations, and compliance requirements (federal, state, and local levels).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An enthusiastic, empathetic, and positive personality with a strong people-first mindset.
- Integrity, professionalism, confidentiality, and advanced interpersonal, organizational, and conflict resolution skills.
- A proven ability to develop strong, trusting business relationships, both internally and externally.
- A desire to continuously update and increase your HR knowledge (we like to call ourselves “HR nerds”) by regularly attending seminars and workshops.
- A continuous improvement mindset that has you consistently identifying areas for improvement.
- An analytical mindset with experience creating reports and interpreting findings.
- Excels working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities (Fully plan your day in advance? Hah! This is HR.)
- Ability to motivate and develop others.
- Ability to confidently present team/company initiatives and information to all employees in the company.
Who is Fracture?
Fracture’s mission is to help the world focus on moments that matter. Fracture glass prints allow you to print your images directly onto glass and have them shipped right to you in our innovative, low-waste packaging. Check it out at Fracture. We’ve sold over one million glass prints to customers in 130 countries, but this is just the beginning — we’re just scratching the surface of our potential. Our uniqueness stems from the fact that we actually design, engineer, and manufacture something tangible, 100% in-house. Real. That’s what we love about what we do.
We’re blending cutting edge E-commerce with lean manufacturing to make your favorite digital images become real. We do all this while focused on treading lightly on our planet and are dedicated to creating the smallest possible carbon footprint.