Who We Are and What We’re About:
Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
We’re in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can’t ignore—especially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That’s why we’re here!
When you join Brightline, you’re joining a team that has an unstoppable drive to change the lives of families across the country. We’re a team of thoughtful problem-solvers, expert and kind clinicians, and experienced operators and technologists. Above all, we’re committed to helping each other succeed, learn, and grow—all while bringing care to families when, where, and how they need it.
No matter what you’re looking for in your next role, we’re pretty confident that you’ll #FindItAtBrightline.
As an early Human Resources Manager at Brightline, here’s what your day-to-day activities might look like:
- Employee policies: Maintain safety & compliance of a diverse workforce (salaried, hourly, contract, technical, and care provider roles) through creating and improving employee policies and HR initiatives based on employment laws and best practices.
- Training: Develop and deliver company training through partnership with the Learning & Development and Security teams regarding regulatory practice standards (HIPAA, federal, state & local regulations).
- Onboarding: Manage onboarding compliance and partner with leaders, Talent Acquisition, and hiring managers on immigration hiring best practices.
- Offboarding: Standardize and automate the offboarding process, conduct exit interviews, and summarize themes for employee experience improvements.
- Tools and systems: Interface with people tools and systems (HRIS) and help roll out new tools and initiatives as we grow.
- Interface and liaise with all: Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships with team members to serve as a trusted people resource and stakeholder.
And here are the kinds of projects you might work on in your first few months:
- Review, revise and rollout an updated employee handbook
- Manage the employee leave process with improvements to processes and documentation
- Standardize and document benefits offerings by role type informed by best practices, benchmarking, and employment law
- You have substantial experience working as an HR Manager or HR Generalist
- You have knowledge on management of the whole employee cycle and a solid understanding of HR practices, policies, and employment law
- You have demonstrated experience in implementing, managing and integrating different HR systems & tools
- You have excellent communication skills, ethics, & cultural awareness
- You have the ability to perform in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment, with multiple stakeholders to improve the experience of all team members through creative solutions
- You have an eye towards automation and can take manual processes and implement efficiency improvements to create more scalable processes
Bonus points for experience with:
- Experience at a fast-growing startup is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR-related field and/or HR certification
Benefits + Perks:
- Remote first and focused on community—we have Bright Spots with employees across the country (check out more info below) + generous work-from-home stipend
- Competitive compensation & benefits packages because we know the work you do is hard and we recognize how valuable you are, including an unlimited PTO policy + 14 paid holidays, Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, and stock options
- Collaborate with diverse members across teams with weekly group learning opportunities and team breakfasts (and offsite retreats in the future!)
- Dedicated time for your health and wellness, including group workouts and meditations hosted by Brightline employees
- With your help, we’ll build diverse & equitable programs and experiences
Brightline is a nationally distributed team with many of our team members located throughout the country, some of those being: New York, Boston, Seattle, Portland, Atlanta, Houston, Denver, Minneapolis, San Diego, and Los Angeles. The Brightline office is headquartered in the SF Bay Area, but we consider all local and remote (U.S.) candidates.
At Brightline, we believe that collaborative, diverse, and empathetic tech & product teams can create transformational products to change the lives of families across the country. In a conscious effort to create a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and the families we serve, we celebrate our individual differences and walks of life. Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.