This is a remote position.
We’re currently looking for an Information Architect who will implement existing IA norms and structure for application teams building Veteran-facing services (VFS) on VA.gov. If you are detail-oriented, capable of understanding the big picture with experience on the organization, labeling, search, and navigation systems for web and mobile applications then this is the role for you.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
What You’ll Do
Collaboration Cycle Support
- Provide support to VFS teams in their product development through the VSP Collaboration Cycle touchpoints.
- Provide early expertise and guidance to VFS teams on platform standards and related products and features.
- Review designs, prototypes and features developed by VFS teams for adherence to platform IA standards.
- Review research plans and conversation guides created by VFS teams to ensure user feedback and insights on navigation components and findability are captured.
- Be available to VFS teams for ad hoc questions and support.
- Coordinate with other VSP Product Support team members in providing consistent and cohesive feedback to VFS teams.
- Manage the vanity URL and redirect request process. Review and document requests and assign out for implementation as appropriate.
VFS Team Support
- You’ll provide IA design and support for teams building Veteran-facing services, products and features on VA.gov.
- Work with VFS teams to define where on VA.gov their product/feature will live and how users will find and access the product/feature.
- Review research findings on products and features and incorporate findings into IA design.
- Work with Sitewide Content team on static content implementation, including defining labeling and structure of content.
IA Documentation and Standards
- Maintain global IA spreadsheet and site maps.
- Maintain documentation on VA.gov IA standards.
- Provide insights and feedback on standards and help identify opportunities to improve and evolve IA standards.
- Assist in documentation and communication of the collaboration cycle, as well as processes related to IA support.
Platform Team Support
- Provide IA expertise and support to other teams as needed.
- Participate in initiatives in support of overall program objectives.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience as an Information Architect, or similar role, with focus on the organization, labeling, search, and navigation systems for web and mobile applications.
- Experience in creating IA deliverables such as site maps, user flows, wireframes, content audits, URLs, etc.
- Some experience designing and executing on user research related to IA such as card sorts, tree tests, click tests etc.
- Understanding of IA design impacts on accessibility and SEO.
- General understanding of content management systems and processes.
- Experience collaborating with technology product teams, including product managers, designers, and developers in research
- Problem-solving skills making tools and techniques work for projects, and adjusting when needed.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.