HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About The Team
The Terraform Platform Engineering group is composed of Site Reliability Engineers and distributed systems engineers working on the Terraform Cloud hosted service. Our group ensures that the platform’s underlying infrastructure, data stores, and core foundational services are reliable, performant, and robust. We work closely with the engineering teams that ship features for both Terraform Cloud and the Terraform Enterprise on-premise product. Together, we comprise the Terraform Commercial organization within engineering.
As our group expands, we’re seeking more Site Reliability Engineers to join our Infrastructure team.
Our infrastructure is hosted on AWS (EC2, S3, RDS) with backing data stores like PostgreSQL. We leverage the HashiStack suite (Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault, Packer) as well as in-house tooling written in Go. Our team is responsible for making sure our underlying infrastructure is stable, reliable, and ready for production workloads.
In addition to building and maintaining a secure and scalable infrastructure platform, the team also fosters operational maturity efforts in conjunction with the application-focused SREs working on Terraform Cloud.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, we’d love to meet you! We have a large footprint and a quickly-growing user base, with lots of interesting problems and plenty of opportunities for growth and development.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Design, implement and maintain a secure and scalable infrastructure platform for Terraform Cloud
- Own and ensure the internal and external SLA’s meet and exceed expectations
- Create tools for automating deployment, monitoring and operations of the platform
- Troubleshoot production incidents that often span across multiple teams, services and codebases
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of internal tools to improve system health and reliability
- Participate in an on-call rotation that supports our production infrastructure
You’re a great addition if you have:
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts
- Experience building and supporting the production infrastructure for a large-scale SaaS application
- Working knowledge of industry best practices with regards to information security
- Prior exposure to building and operating a large-scale cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience using Terraform to manage cloud infrastructure (or equivalent Infrastructure as Code tools)
- Large-scale production experience with the HashiStack suite (Nomad, Consul, Vault, Packer, etc.)
- Comfort with Go or another low-level programming language
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are uncertain about applying, we encourage you to apply anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
We operate according to a strong set of company principles described in The Tao of HashiCorp. We’ve had a remote-first culture from the beginning. Our entire company, processes, and tools have been designed around this to ensure everyone is able to be successful from wherever they work. Learn more about how we work together.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.