MEPPI’s Transportation Systems Division (TSD) is looking for an Inside Sales Specialist to plan, organize, and create proposals, documentation submittals, and customer communications. In addition, you will serve as primary contact between customer and the division during the bidding and proposal process. The successful candidate will have experience working in an industrial/manufacturing environments with strong time management, project management, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Function as the primary contact between customer and TSD during the bidding and proposal process.
- Review customer’s technical specifications to develop and prepare the Company’s technical and commercial proposal for products and services.
- Organize, facilitate, and document kick-off meetings, customer meetings, review meetings, etc. within the TSD organization and with customers during the proposal process.
- Create proposals and bids by working with the TSD management team and MELCO. Create bid estimate worksheets in support of all technical and commercial proposals.
- Complete all required customer documents and forms as part of the bidding proposal.
- Prepare Red-Book and Terms and Conditions Summary documents for internal approvals during the bidding process.
- Assist with the resolution of commercial and technical issues with customers and proposals.
- Assist in the negotiation of contracts.
- Prepare bid status reports and keep management, customers, and MELCO informed of customer bidding activities and related issues. Attend related customer bid meetings.
- Review change orders with Programs group to maximize profit in a fair and equitable way.
- Manage continuous improvement of bidding and proposal process
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field with 3 to 5 years of bid and proposal experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills required to communicate with customers and employees.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and on several projects simultaneously.
- Advanced computer skills, with emphasis on Microsoft Office products