We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you passionate about user experience and looking to learn and grow as a Product Designer? Do you have experience working in an established design system and collaborating with Product Managers and Engineers? Are you excited about joining a fast-growing team and making an impact on our platform? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As an Intermediate Product Designer at Thinkific, you’ll be an important member of the Design team and contribute to the continued growth, innovation, and improvement of our world class learning platform. Your ability to focus on the customer experience will help you learn from our customers to champion an experience that drives success for Thinkific course creators and their students. Working alongside other Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers, you’ll use your design skills to help you translate customer and business goals into compelling visual interfaces.
In this role, you will:
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to deliver quality results on time. You have the confidence and skills to help us deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Move through problem statements, napkin sketches, and rapid prototypes to high fidelity design specs in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
- Leverage both quantitative and qualitative research findings to inform your work, using analytics and data to make decisions
- Work within an established design system and ensure your work adheres to existing patterns
- Use a balance of diplomacy and drive to advocate for the customer experience, especially when deadlines are looming
- Keep an eye on the big picture—you can stay focused on the impact of a feature on our overall product or a step within our process and have the desire to make things better
- Demonstrate a high degree of curiosity, creative energy, and customer empathy
- Learn about new techniques, practices, and tools—and be excited to use them!
- Participate in passionate and respectful debates in a collaborative and inclusive environment
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Share a strong portfolio of design work that clearly articulates your role in each project and shows your ability to apply critical thought to your work
- Have 2-5 years of experience in a product design role
- Demonstrate experience with low-fi to hi-fi design processes
- Possess a working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative user research techniques and have the ability to leverage data to both make and measure decisions
- Design within constraints, including a variety of screen sizes
- Show a willingness and ability to learn and grow — you believe continuous learning is important in an ever-changing industry
- Display genuine curiosity and a willingness to challenge yourself (and others) to do great work
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders including Product, Support, Marketing, and Engineering teams
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills that enable you to host design critiques and pitch your work to the stakeholders
- Have a sense of humour (something had to be last on the list, but it’s as important as the other criteria!)
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have worked with an existing design system to adhere to desired look and feel
- Are familiar with designing for mobile apps
Bonus points if you:
- Have a way with words—you have interest in writing copy that is designed to improve customer experiences
- Like to delve into information architecture, content hierarchy, and labelling
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!