Bounteous is looking to hire an Internal IT Ops Endpoint Engineer who will design, build and implement endpoint configurations including Windows and macOS and user applications across both virtual and physical desktop environments. In addition, the Endpoint Engineer works closely with Support Technicians for technical support. The individual in this position is responsible for ensuring that all desktops OS and applications are current, reliable, and accessible. You will install, troubleshoot, and maintain a variety of products and equipment and make recommendations on which products best fit the business’ needs.
- Perform implementation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance within Windows and macOS environments.
- Windows and macOS OS upgrades and migration deployments.
- Create software updates and patches through MDM deployment methods.
- Leveraging automation through AzureAD, Intune, Jamf and Kandji
- Administer applications to keep the systems running and healthy, including changes to the core components and settings, software delivery.
- Meet endpoint support and service delivery objectives through the design, development and delivery of custom solutions related to automation, monitoring and application performance optimization.
- Oversee the deployment of security patches for operating system and desktop applications.
- Create, customize, deploy, and automate software packages using Intune, Jamf and Kandji
- Maintain standardized system configurations across operating environments utilizing configuration management framework and automation.
- Evaluate new products/services and provide effective solutions to meet business needs.
- Ability to identify and evaluate desktop OS and application solutions that enhance the security of the desktop environment, while balancing overall user experience and ease of use.
- Monitor and troubleshoot software package installation failures and provide regular status updates.
- Build and develop new tools with Endpoint Management platforms to help equip support teams with the tools they need to be efficient and effective in supporting the organization.
- Package, schedule, install and troubleshoot Microsoft, macOS and third-party patches on a routine basis adhering to documented change process procedures.
- Management of mobile devices via MDM systems such as Intune, Jamf and Kandji.
- Create and maintain system documentation including desktop procedures, end user procedures.
- Must be a team player, with exceptional communication skills, willing to work with others in IT and others throughout organization.
- Ability to identify, develop, and implement initiatives to improve the IT environment and user experience.
- Continuously develops technical subject matter expertise on established and emerging endpoint technologies.
- A demonstrated ability to work without supervision on everyday tasks and problems.
- Serve as primary and/or backup engineer for other applications as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Endpoint Management solutions.
- Experience in troubleshooting and supporting Microsoft Windows and macOS desktop environments.
- Minimum 5 year(s) of experience managing and supporting Windows and macOS.
- Strong understanding of the Windows and macOS operating architectures.
- Experienced managing desktop environments using Microsoft and macOS technologies for user and computer management, software updates, application installations and environment monitoring.
- Experience with Windows Server, Windows Desktop OS, macOS configuration and deployment in a large-scale environments.
- Ensuring physical and virtual systems are compliant within required security standards.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with ability to change priorities on the fly.
- Adheres to department and IT policies and procedures.
- Experience working with application deployment and packaging tools
- Strong working knowledge with scripting languages – PowerShell, VBScript, shell scripting/batch files.
- Strong diagnostic and root cause analysis skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Endpoint hardware configuration, installation, and maintenance experience.
- Software packaging, installation, maintenance experience.
- Development of test cases/procedures and training documentation.
- Command line and strong automation skillset based upon infrastructure as code concepts.
- Must be well versed in dealing with staff that is both technical and non-technical.
- Experience with computer compliance requirements as it relates to software patching, disk encryption, and endpoint security.
Rock Star Status
- Deep understanding of macOS management architecture.
- Ability to create and managed custom management workflows for macOS or Windows.
- Experience with Jamf, Kandji & Intune MDM solutions.
- Understand and follow industry security standards for compliance requirements
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.