Moment is the fastest-growing marketplace for creatives. We carry the gear creatives recommend, sell video lessons from the pros, and run photo trips around the world. More than just an online store we also sell products through third-party marketplaces from Amazon to iTunes.
We’re looking for an AP/AR Specialist with experience working for a high volume, inventory heavy business. Beyond the traditional management of payments, we’re looking for someone who can ensure that inventory purchasing is on track. This includes working with suppliers to ensure invoicing, delivery, and reconciliation is correct. This role also includes entering data, managing payments, running reports, and supporting period ending inventory closes. Plus you get to help the team improve processes and tools so we can scale with growth.
If you are detailed, super organized, and have experience accounting for inventory…then this role is for you.
U.S. applicants only please. No agencies, we are looking for an in-house, full-time hire.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Reviewing and processing purchase orders.
- Working with retail buyers to ensure proper invoicing and delivery.
- Following up and reconciling payment issues with vendors.
- File and reconcile import duties on a monthly basis.
- File and track shipping invoices on a monthly basis.
- Tracking and managing payables.
- Receiving and managing payment requests.
- Tracking and collecting AR balances.
- Manage team reimbursement process.
- Maintaining monthly reporting of AP and AR.
- Assist with monthly reimbursement reconciliation and filings.
- Managing our end of month inventory closes.
You Need These Qualifications
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Studies show that if you meet even 50% of a job’s qualifications you have a high likelihood of being hired.
- Organized, high attention to detail and a simple communicator.
- 1+ years experience in accounts payable or receivables.
- 1+ years entering data into an accounting software program.
- Experience with inventory preferred.
- Degree in accounting is also preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Experience in Xero is a plus.
Compensation and benefits
We keep it simple.
- Equity in the company.
- A competitive salary.
- Medical Insurance or $600 a month to do what you want.
- Flexible Schedule: Work when you want, as long you finish work on time and set teammates up for success.
- Free Moment Gear & discounts on our whole store.
- Annual equipment budget of $500 for your own gear.
- Company off-sites three times per year.
- Unlimited vacation.